Position Title: PURCHASING ASSISTANT
Job Type: FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
Location: BURNABY, BC
Compensation: Based on Experience
The Purchasing Assistant (PA) assists with Company purchase orders including data entry, follow-up and invoice reconciliation. He or she will maintain effective communication with vendors. This function collaborates closely with project coordination, sales and production. He or she will do various admin tasks, allowing the job holder to gradually develop the role that maximizes our profitability and your skill sets.
We have been providing tools and equipment to contractors for over 26years all throughout metro Vancouver. We have a second lower mainland store in Port Coquitlam as well as locations in Kelowna and St. Jerome, Quebec. We are a progressive company and are looking to grow in all aspects of our business with a high degree of learning leading to personal growth. We have a strong core management team focused on growth, support and promoting a positive work culture. Consider joining our team!
- Assist Purchasing with order generation and confirmations
- Track and update order status
- Assist with transfers between Stores and DC Warehouse
- Update product information into ERP
- Communicate purchasing related information with the sales team
- Export and import data for report generation
- Enforces and monitors company guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Work with and communicate with all departments in a pleasant and positive manner.
- Adapt to the diverse needs of a small team and address internal and external requirements with flexibility and creativity
- Perform other such tasks as needed and as requested by the Purchasing Manager.
- This description contains information necessary to describe and evaluate the job. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work performed, but indicates the kinds of duties and skills expected.
- Previous tool industry experience with hand tools and accessories
- Formal education in related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an office administrative role, data entry an asset
- Must be self-directed, task and goal oriented
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - particularly Excel
- Typing speed of 50 wpm
- Tool & Construction Industry: 1+ years (bonus but not required)
- Office Administration: 1+ years
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Data Entry: 1 year (Required)
- Administration: 1 year (Required)
- Tool Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)