Nutri-Lawn is a professional national lawn care service franchisor located in Toronto, Ontario, (Martin Grove Rd & Highway 409). We offer a competitive compensation and benefits program and fosters a culture of customer service, innovation and continuous performance improvement with an entrepreneurial mindset. Our business is growing….…join us to grow your professional passion and self-development with Nutrilawn. We nourish lawns and lives.
We are seeking an Intermediate Accountant for our Corporate Accounting Department to serve franchise and corporate store operations. Reporting to the CFO, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions. This will include journal entries, account reconciliations and the review of month end close and ensuring accurate financial statements and timely reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements for different business units in accordance with our financial schedules
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Full Accounting Cycle - AP/AR and intercompany transactions and inventory costing and closing
- Prepares bank reconciliations as well as the preparation of credit card and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assists CFO with analysis, tax filings and projects
- Liaise with General Managers and operating personnel
EXPERIENCE AND DESIRED TRAITS
- Minimum 3 years of bookkeeping/accounting/finance experience
- Experience with the full cycle of accounting, and financial analysis
- QuickBooks familiarity would be an asset
- Understanding of financial process best practices
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, organization skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision as part of a team
- Flexibility to work required hours to meet financial cycle due dates
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation will be based on candidate experience.
HOW TO APPLY
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be legally permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. Only Principals should apply. No agencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent