This position is responsible for the operation of the Bowling Facility, including the Food and Beverage in the Bowling area, staff and parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Scheduling for all Bowling Customer Service staff, including payroll functions. Fills in all Bowling Service shifts where required if staff cannot.
- Assists with hiring as well as training current and new Customer Service staff to standards of excellence in service and hospitality.
- Coordinates league events as required.
- Promotes all of Century Casino’s services to patrons and event guests.
- Greets all guests in a friendly, professional, and personal manner when they arrive and when they leave.
- Coordinates month end inventory. Assists Bowling Manager with weekly ordering of product.
- Runs monthly team meetings, keeps all staff informed of upcoming events and/or programs operation of Food and Beverage.
- Helps to coordinate party bookings and events.
- Ensure cash out compliance and balancing.
- Ensures a clean and presentable bowling centre and communicates with cleaning staff when needed.
- Ensure staff is in proper uniform and are presentable to the guests.
- Holds staff accountable through corrective and disciplinary action when required.
- Maintains weekly and monthly reports such as tips, machine maintenance and deposit redemptions.
- Manages subordinates in the bowling area. Is responsible for assisting the Bowling Manager in providing direction, coordination and evaluation of the bowling team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees’ planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Winning attitude and outgoing personality, with main focus on delivering unsurpassed excellence in customer service
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Stamina and energy required to work long hours when required
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and employees
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to work well under pressure and make responsible decisions quickly
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Preference given to post-secondary graduates in marketing/ communication*
* EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One to two years of experience as a Supervisor is preferable. Experience in the Bowling industry would be an asset but not necessary, and inventory and cash controls is an asset.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to write effective letters and memos.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from staff members at all levels, guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Basic Math skills are required.
- Makes recommendations, beyond the scope of essential duties, which may positively or negatively impact the operations of other departments.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced Computer Skills Preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Essential duties require lifting 50 or more pounds; and working a standard workweek with additional hours on a routine basis.
- Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is frequently loud or containing high noise levels.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)