Through its network of commodity logistics centers and team of industry experts, Ceres Global Ag Corp procures and supplies North American agricultural commodities and value-added products, and provides reliable supply chain logistics services to industrial products, fertilizer products, and energy products customers worldwide.
Our Northgate facility, along with the BNSF Railway, provides a strategic alternative for a new north-south gateway access to connect, create, and enable markets for Saskatchewan’s significant resource sectors.
Ceres is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and together with its affiliated companies, operates 13 locations across Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Minnesota. We’re relatively small but we’re growing and we dream big, and we’re seeking a talented and experienced grain operations professional to join our team.
Manage a 2.7 million bushel high speed shuttle loading grain and oilseed elevator. Lead and coach team members and ensure safe and efficient operation of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide coaching and guidance to Production Supervisor and elevator team, focusing on recognition, engagement, and development
- Act as a role model for all safety and help the team build a safety first culture
- Partner with the Production Supervisor to act on and address employee concerns and suggestions
- Ensure that employee safety training is completed and documented
- Plan, implement, and monitor all grain elevator activities to ensure maximum safe, efficient, and compliant operations
- Monitor and schedule facility housekeeping to ensure proper standards are maintained by conducting daily/weekly/monthly plant inspections.
- Ensure elevator operations comply with all laws and regulations including but not limited to the CGC, Canadian Grain Act, COSHA, Provincial and local environmental and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate of all the daily railcar movements with Local BNSF Train master and crews
- Coordinate daily on site rail traffic with site business units
- Ensure the specification on each load order is met as closely as possible by managing incoming product and storage that maximizes blending opportunities
- Work with Origination and CSC position to forecast what product types and qualities are contracted and schedule deliveries in the most efficient manner to meet train specs
- Ensure Grain Grading meets all company and government standards, and that Grain Graders are appropriately trained and developed
- Manage grain inventory accounting and ensure product remains in good condition
- Assist with annual budget and monitor actual results, taking action to explain or address discrepancies as appropriate
- Review invoices for accuracy and resolve discrepancies with suppliers on a timely basis
- Maintain facility variable expenses within approved budget
- Maintains files, spreadsheets and communicates information to support to ensure communication with merchandizing staff
- Complete monthly inventory reporting including book to physical reconciliations.
- Manages facility repairs and CAPEX projects to ensure they are on schedule and on budget
- Interact with contractor and sub-contractors during repairs and maintenance projects
- Assist examiners or auditors as needed
- Five years Grain Elevator management experience
- Experience with railroad communications and requirements strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Previous hands-on elevator operations experience
- Prior experience handling cereal grains, oilseeds and pulses
- Knowledge of government grain facility regulations
- Proven decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing a safety program and creating a safety-first culture
- Strong technical skills (Excel and grain accounting software)
Job Type: Full-time