Havecon Horticultural Projects NA is one of the top greenhouse manufacturing and construction companies in North America. Havecon works on large scale commercial greenhouse projects throughout Canada and the United Sates, taking projects from conception right through to completion. Due to our rapid growth in the Greenhouse sector Havecon is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager that will be responsible for overseeing and administering project tasks.
The main role of the Site Superintendent will be required to ensure the labour and equipment is scheduled appropriately and working at top efficiency to complete the project on schedule and on budget. They will also be responsible for overseeing and administering all project tasks including the site specific Health and Safety Plan and Environmental Management Plan as well as client care on site.
- Analytical Thinking
- Written and oral communication
- Critical thinking / Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Result Orientation
- Supervise the day to day activates of each jobsite including coordination of subtrades
- Implement site specific health and Safety Plans
- On-site day to day problem solving
- Work with Project Managers/Export Managers Engineers, Sub-Contractors to achieve project scope
- Be able to liaise with Clients, Project Managers and Sub-Trades
- Direct subcontractors and working crews as required to ensure the project is completed on schedule and on budget.
- Daily Progress reporting
- Working with Sr. Project Manager to prepare and implement schedules
- College Diploma in Construction management or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Physical ability to lift up to 100lbs
- Extended travel to site and offsite locations
- Weekend home
- Working both indoors and outdoors situations
- Operation of laptop computer and peripherals
- Extended periods of sitting and or walking
- 40 hour work week
- Primarily 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
- Occasional evenings and weekends. Flex-scheduling is required
Position: Full Time/ Salary
Pay: Salary to be negotiated and is dependent on work experience
Benefits and RRSP
All Travel costs reimbursed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)