Be Part of the Journey!
Transat Tours Canada is seeking a sales professional in Nova Scotia to work with existing retail partners, to seek new opportunities and to represent Transat Tours Canad in the market.
- Conduct regular, effective sales calls within the assigned territory (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Prince Edward Island), effectively managing the territory according to Transat’s expectations;
- Stimulate commercial development with travel agency partners;
- Enter sales call data into the Transat Clients Relations Management system;
- Gather market condition information, analyze and report this in a concise manner;
- Analyze potential of retail partners & prioritize territory call plan;
- Support corporate decisions and communicate these professionally to our retail partners;
- Represent Transat Tours Canada at various industry and consumer trade events and functions as assigned, including those that occur outside of normal business hours;
- Seek out and assist with potential group business;
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and training sessions (in person & via webinar);
- Participate in weekly team sales meetings (via telephone);
- Participate in assigned training sessions (some may include travel to Toronto);
- Effectively manage an annual marketing budget and have a good measure of return on investment;
- Assist with managing social media platforms to help spread sales messages in the region;
- Contribute to the attainment of operational objectives in their sector by performing the tasks assigned to them;
- Maintain a consistent level of performance under pressure and to deal with stressful situations effectively;
- Perceive the urgency and importance of situations, communicate and handle these appropriately while adapting to unforeseen situations;
- Actively participate in the work of the team creating a climate of mutual help and participate in group dialogue and discussions;
Make decisions even when situations have a certain degree of ambiguity and to seek consultation from others only when needed or when the impact is outside of the empowerment guidelines provided.
- Resides in Nova Scotia;
- Post-secondary education degree or diploma preferably in Travel and Tourism, business and or marketing;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in sales within the travel industry;
- In possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable car;
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs (including PowerPoint);
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms and marketing through these mediums;
- Must be willing to travel within and outside of the territory as needed, including overnight trips;
- Must be willing to work evenings & weekends as assigned;
- Must have a solid understanding of computer applications, sales tools, and communication devices in order to efficiently manage the daily needs of the business.
Job Type: Full-time
- travel industry: 5 years (Required)