The Lead Plant Technician is responsible for ensuring cannabis products produced by the organization meet objectives for quality, safety, regulatory and customer expectations in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.The Lead Plant Technician reports to the Plant Manager - Master Grower and is instrumental in coordinating activities to meet production process and product quality standards.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds!We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity.Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people.As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’sinnovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Assist Plant Manager-Master Grower in managing cultivation related tasks (i.e. fertigation, cloning, transplanting, pruning, integrated pest management, etc.);
- Assist Plant Manager - Master Grower in managing weekly plant schedules (i.e. plants to be cloned from, transferred, destroyed, etc.);
- Perform supervisory duties for various shifts, providing oversight of cultivation staff’s activities and tasks, ensuring procedures are followed (i.e. cultivation, harvest, post-harvest);
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Departments in developing and maintain SOPs and Record Keeping Forms relating to all plant operations and processes (i.e. cultivation, harvest, trimming, curing, packaging, etc.) in compliance with the Cannabis Act;
- Provide training to cultivation staff on all applicable SOPs;
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping;
- Conduct inventory management of Cultivation Department tools and equipment;
- Perform set-up of automated irrigation system;
- Collaborate with Maintenance Department to ensure proper environmental control systems are in place (i.e. dehumidification upgrades, lighting control, temperature setpoints, etc.)
- Monitor and manage crops to improve quality and yield;
- Perform phenotype selection;
- Track lots, batches and inventory through ERP system;
- Work with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Departments in the investigation of related deviations and CAPAs; and
- Other tasks as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Diploma in Horticulture or equivalent;
- Pesticide Certificate;
- Strong understanding of cultivation and production techniques, preferably under regulated cannabis regulations;
- Knowledge of cannabis plant anatomy, strains, pathogens and infections;
You Are PRECISE AND DETAIL ORIENTED, with strong ability to stay focused and complete redundant and routine tasks.
You AreMATHEMATICALLY SKILLED, capable of performing various calculations and maintaining accurate records and documents.
You Are a LEADER with strong supervisory skills and excellent communication skills.
- 2-3 years' experience in a plant cultivation capacity;
- 1-2 years' experience in a supervisory capacity;
- Experience working with FIIX, Growlink, and Ample Organics would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience under Cannabis Act or ACMPR considered a strong asset;
- Experience managing diverse teams in dynamic environments.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- plant cultivation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Maple Ridge, BC (Required)