Registered Nurse, NICU
(12 hours, Days/Nights)
Provision of exemplary care that is patient focused, and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment.
Demonstrated skill in:
- Valid license with the College of Nurses Of Ontario
- Recent experience in Neonatal ICU (level II or III). New graduate RNs who have completed their final consolidation in NICU may be considered OR
- Significant progress toward completion of the Neonatal Nursing Certification (college certificate), or CNA Neonatal Nursing Certification.
- Current NRP certification.
- Completion of breastfeeding course(s)
- Good attendance record
- Ability to adapt to changes in care based on best evidence
- Excellent neonatal assessment skills
- Care of the neonate requiring respiratory support - non-invasive and short term invasive ventilation
- Care of infants requiring enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Developmentally supportive care of the at risk neonate
- Neonatal venipuncture and capillary blood sampling
- Care of central lines, intravenous medication administration and fluid management.
- Experience with computer based documentation
- Highly motivated & self-directed
- Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with patient / families and colleagues
- High level of maturity and professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Flexible and able to balance competing priorities Reflective practitioner
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful, accessible and inclusive workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact the Recruitment Specialist for assistance.