Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA's Victoria Auto Service Centre is searching for a Regular Full-Time Lube Technician!
The Lube Technician is responsible for the successful completion of each work order assigned to them while ensuring Member/customer satisfaction. The Lube Technician will also be responsible for the continuous improvement of their quality of work including their customer handling skills. The Lube Technician, with guidance and training from the Manager Automotive Technical Services, is responsible for proper diagnosis and repair of vehicles assigned by management.
As part of a dual (combined) Auto Service Centre/Service Location, this position maintains general knowledge of products and services for automotive services and membership/insurance products in order to ensure a seamless customer experience throughout the combined ASC/Service Location.
- Properly complete the services and/or repairs with high quality in a timely manner to help deliver exceptional customer service
- Services include oil and tire changes and basic automotive repairs, as assigned by management
- Assist all other Technicians in the shop as needed
- Achieve productivity goals as assigned by BCAA
- Maintain a high level of Member/customer service at the facility leading to a high level of “measured” member/customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. Maintain an overall safe work environment for all team members and in compliance with Worksafe BC standards. Alert Management of any unsafe conditions immediately
- Complete any Automotive Training requested by BCAA
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements and BCAA programs that meet or exceed governmental required standards
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Adhere to all applicable safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Service Advisors regarding any changes in work status and/or completion status of vehicles
- Communicate with Estimator on repairs required
- Other duties as assigned as operationally necessary
- Education: High School Diploma – Grade 12. Completion of an Automotive Foundation program is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months of technical training and experience within an automotive repair facility.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 70lbs, bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Other Skills:
o Proven interpersonal ability and communication skills with Members/Customers, internal team members, and suppliers
o Ability to professionally represent the BCAA brand to all stakeholders
o Highly motivated to provide exceptional Member/customer experience
o Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet tight timelines
o Ability to work varied hours including weekends
o Proven analytical, problem solving, trouble shooting and decision making skills
o Demonstrated MS Outlook and Internet browser
o Proven track record of continuous improvement mindset
o A Satisfactory BC Driver License Class 7 or better
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- automotive : 1 year (Preferred)