Manitoba Blue Cross was born out of a desire to protect our fellow Manitobans during life’s most unexpected and sometimes challenging moments. This remains our driving force today, and fuels our ongoing commitment to providing superior health and wellness benefits that are delivered with compassion and excellence in service.
As an independent and not for profit organization for over 40 years, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, disability, travel and life coverage to over half a million Manitobans.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, our people are the key to our success! Consider becoming part of our team of professionals committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Join us as we serve our neighbours to support and strengthen our community.
JOB TITLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING COORDINATOR (14-Month Term)
REPORTS TO Supervisor, Customer Service
The Customer Service Training Coordinator provides training and mentoring to employees in Customer Services. Responsibilities include maintaining and updating all processes and procedures, assisting the Team Leads, and the Supervisors in providing employees necessary information to perform their duties efficiently, reviewing process errors and addressing training gaps, and keeping informed of and responding to changes in industry, products and the Company that may have an impact on the Customer Service department processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and facilitates departmental training for all new staff starting in Customer Services.
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge in all aspects of the Customer Service department, including regional and national procedures, emails, in-person Customer Service and the phone system/queues.
- Ensures training manuals are current and relevant.
- Develops monthly training sessions and provides ongoing training and mentoring for all new and existing Customer Service employees.
- Assists the Team Leads in providing employees with the information necessary to perform their duties efficiently.
- Handles escalation inquiries in the event the Team Leads or Supervisors are unavailable.
- Assists in the review of letters, brochures, and provisions for the Corporate Communications and Agreement Services departments.
- Forwards information acquired through our customers and printed material to the Manager and Supervisors of Customer Service so they are aware of current trends, competition and new ideas related to enhancing our service.
- Remains informed and anticipates and responds positively to changes in the industry as it relates Customer Service practices.
- Ensures employees provide quality customer service in a prompt and courteous manner at all times.
- Identifies process inefficiencies and works with applicable areas to develop solutions.
- Participates in corporate and departmental projects.
- Participates on Call Centre National Working Groups as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs for both internal and external customers.
- University degree or College diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels within the organization in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure of time restraints.
- Ability to deal with customer problems or issues in an efficient and professional manner.
- Flexibility, patience and resourcefulness.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook .
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to handle deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting, and provide team leadership.
- Extensive experience dealing with the public (several years a must).
- French or another second language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles would be an asset.
- Has completed or is capable of completing industry education programs entailing a self-directed study and the writing of graded examinations. Specific programs include but are not limited to LOMA ( ACS ) and CEBS. Enrollment in, and completion of, such courses will be encouraged.
We offer competitive salary, modified benefits, a flex work schedule, and a health and wellness program with an on-site fitness centre. We are committed to creating a rewarding environment to foster learning and development for our staff. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by February 7, 2020.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to reviewing your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Only those being considered for the selection process will be contacted.