Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
This position will lead the development and execution of marketing plans and programs to drive consumption and brand consideration for our various brands under the Canopy Growth portfolio. The role will work closely with our key stakeholders and internal sales team to support the achievement of annual brand KPI’s (distribution, sales growth, etc) within the required budget parameters.
- Manage National Trade Marketing Budget
- Support Regional Trade Marketing Managers in program development, deployment and analysis
- Provide final sign off on all Regional Trade Initiatives
- Develop and implement a merchandising strategy that supports new marketing and business development initiatives for the portfolio; align national brand objectives with regional trade and sales requirements
- Develop and implement long-term vision and strategy for Trade Marketing team through strategic partnerships and working closely with cross-functional teams (i.e. Brand, Category Management, Supply Chain, Legal & Government Relations) to develop best in class programming
- Identify levers within provincial framework to support sales team challenges (i.e. provinces to support discount pricing, store transfers, product bundling, LTO/LTAs etc.)
- Own innovation within Trade Marketing (i.e. mixer-packs, disrupting the channels, on-premise programming)
- Develop, Implement and Own the roll-out of Field Sales Accessories catalogue to support 3rd party retailers
- Become a subject matter expert on Federal and Provincial legislation
- Act as a Brand steward to provide review and final approval of all trade programming to ensure consistent messaging across all deliverables
- Support Regional Trade Marketing Managers in development of all trade tools, including but not limited to, trade/customer presentations, sell sheets, strain cards, in-store display assets etc.
- Champion the brand vision within the business, building passion and understanding of the positioning and strategy
- Identify and leverage regional best practices
- Leverage/identify consumer and customer insights to develop support programs and tools (integration with the Insights Manager)
- Establish a procurement and inventory management process for all marketing related Sales assets (below-the-line focus)
- Monitor and measure National program execution and effectiveness; provide post-mortem analysis and recommendations on programs to internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of progressive experience in marketing operations, project management or related role. CPG, beverage alcohol, and/or highly regulated industry experience is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in trade management, channel management, brand management, insights, and sales within one or more of the above categories of companies required
- Demonstrated strong financial awareness required
- Minimum of intermediate level proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Provides superior communication through clear and relevant written and verbal communication
- Introduces innovation and new ways of working to situations
- Strong persuasion skills to gain alignment where needed
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.