Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Responsibilities are to follow the departmental policy and internal work order policy. To follow the on call schedule, and keep current in license required to perform work place recovery of Freon’s and other necessary qualifications deemed by the governing body.
Assists with completion of the preventative maintenance checklist and completes minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc, to maintain the hotel and keep product quality to standard.
- Assists in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/ or replacement.
- Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Refurbishes furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paints and finishes furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Replacement of all light bulbs and ceiling tiles.
- Performs general minor repairs to in-house plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, kitchen equipment and HVAC systems.
- May perform general maintenance on property grounds.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Refurbishes furniture and fixtures within the hotel such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paints and finishes furniture and fixtures, if needed.
- Repair all Interior/Exterior equipment when necessary as per the W.O System.
- Assist in all areas of the up keep of the maintenance housekeeping, Interior/Exterior.
- Respond to all Maintenance Emergencies.
- Perform any other needs of the building and department as needed and directed.
- Assist other mechanics as the need dictates.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, Health and Safety procedures and maintain good working practices.
- Manage all tools and equipment in a good professional manner
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Education/ Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years experience to include working in building operations. General knowledge of machines and maintenance and repair using basic hand and power tools. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Skills: *
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service.
- Specialized technical crafts (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
Health and Safety:
It is the responsibility of all associates to ensure that they follow all health and safety policies by:
- working in a safe manner
- reporting any unsafe conditions
- immediately reporting any associate injury/accident
- using personal protective equipment if requiredAssociates are required to fully participate in all health and safety initiatives and may be recruited to join our committee as their department’s representative.
“Crowne Plaza Kitchener Waterloo is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005), and the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or during employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with Crowne Plaza’s Human Resources representative. Crown Plaza Kitchener Waterloo will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.”
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)