We currently have an immediate opening for abatement technicians and labourers. We are an established abatement contractor based out of Port Coquitlam and work everywhere in the Greater Vancouver area to Abbotsford. We provide emergency abatement, demolition, restoration, and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. We offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, wind, mould, and environmental hazards.
As an abatement / demolition worker you will be working with a team and support emergency response, remediation, and restoration projects to ensure the goals and needs of the general contractor and our customers are being met. The Abatement Technician is capable of implementing procedures consistent with BC Asbestos standards and other applicable industry standards / guidelines under the direction of a Lead Hand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate company vehicles to mobilize supplies and remove waste.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures as set out by the crew leader.
- Comply with company quality and service levels.
-Complete and submit any and all applicable paperwork for jobs.
- Follow all hazardous materials handling guidelines as described by crew lead
- Complete installation of containment and decontamination chambers for moderate to high risk work activities.
- Remove asbestos containing materials / mould impacted areas from ceilings, walls, floors, beams, boilers, and other structures using appropriate methods.
- Arrive on time, clean shaven, with CSA steel-toed foot ware to various sites from Vancouver to Abbotsford daily.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Drivers with good driver's abstract (can request online)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand English to work as a team member.
- General knowledge of construction and use of hand tools.
- Is able and willing to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
Various certificates (AWP, OFA 1, Asbestos Awareness, Transport Endorsement)
- Site supervision training
- Industry standards and practices training opportunity.
- Department management opportunity
- Extended health plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $28.00 /hour