Bluefin’s technology transparently connects buyers and sellers to create efficient, programmatic marketplaces for performance media targeting consumers at the point of purchase across leading brand, metasearch, and comparison sites.
The Bluefin team is composed of talented and conscientious individuals who share a passion for doing great work and a pioneering spirit to identify new solutions that continually keep our company and our partners one step ahead.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to lead the team’s new business efforts. This person has a proven track record of effectively identifying, developing, and managing strategic partnerships in the performance-based industry.
- Prioritize, target, and close advertising platform partnerships with strategic advertisers
- Develop a strategic sales plan and process through a comprehensive and holistic understanding of the company’s vision and products, marketing tactics and relevant competitive dynamics and industry trends.
- Effectively and knowledgeably demonstrate the capabilities of the company’s products and communicate the company’s unique, disruptive value proposition to key decision makers, taking into account the specific needs, concerns, and requirements of each potential partner.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal team members to develop relevant sales and marketing materials and to structure, close, and implement partnerships with advertisers.
- Manage and expand existing strategic partnerships through a deep understanding of each partner’s business and the relevant application of company’s solutions and account management best practices to each account.
- Provide relevant support for all new product and marketing initiatives, as well as recommend new features, products, or marketing strategies based on partner feedback, market trends, competitive dynamics, and internal operational requirements.
- Establish trusted working relationships with team members and develop a strong understanding of the company’s organization, operations, best practices, and formal and informal processes for allocating resources.
- Develop and maintain relevant industry contacts.
- 5-10 years of strategic sales experience in online advertising.
- Experience with selling advertising platforms or other technology-driven solutions requiring a thorough understanding of a technical product, multi-phase sales cycle, and an education or solution-based sales approach.
- Data-driven mindset and accompanying analytical skill set.
- Ability to articulate and communicate clearly, concisely, and thoughtfully, particularly with written communications.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities in a dynamic and slightly chaotic environment.
- Ability and willingness to work autonomously as a hands-on, individual contributor, but with the requisite experience and maturity to coordinate efficiently with other team members and build and lead a team as needs require.
Traits We Value:
- You deeply care about the quality of your work.
- You enjoy hands-on work no matter what your experience level.
- You are genuinely altruistic in nature.
- You value long-term fairness over shortly term gain.
- You understand that feedback is given because we care.
- You are a lifetime learner.
- You are smart, ask questions, and listen to the answers.
- Your communication is thoughtful and clear.
- You are informal, yet highly professional.
- You don't take yourself too seriously.
- You are a positive, pleasant person.
What Other Companies Call This Role:
- Business Development Representative
- Key Account Manager
- Sales Development Manager
- Account Manager
- New Business Development
- Business Development Director
Job Type: Full-time