Join the culinary team at Sparkling Hill Resort! We are seeking an experienced, hard working Pastry Cook to assist with the culinary operations in our PeakFine Restaurant. Learn more about us at www.sparklinghill.com.
Job duties include:
- Prepare, present, and store all baked goods and desserts in the Kitchen
- Provide leadership and direction to junior employees working in the Pastry Kitchen
- Ensure consistent and high caliber food presentation and quality
- Ensure cleanliness and organization are maintained in the Pastry Kitchen
- Uphold food safety standards
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and organized
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of products related to baked goods and desserts
- Ensure daily specials and menu updates are both cost effective, high quality, and creative
- Participate in production for banquets for both plated service and buffets and a variety of function rooms
- Prepare birthday cakes according to guest specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Food Handler Certificate required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a Pastry Kitchen
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
- Able to work cohesively as part of a team, as well as independently
Qualified applicants may submit a detailed resume to Mr. John Stratton, Executive Chef. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Staff accommodation is available on site in double rooms for full time Sparkling Hill employees, working 40 hours per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent