The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts; supervising staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Select, orient, train, assign, schedule, coach and discipline maintenance personnel
· Communicate job expectations, plan monitor and appraise job contributions
· Adhere to policies and procedures
· Meet operational standards by sharing vital information for strategic plans and review, implementing production and focusing on productivity, quality & problem resolution
· Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma
· Must demonstrate a basic understanding of general maintenance, carpentry, painting, refurbishing, plumbing, electricity and mechanical
· Post-secondary training in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance.
· 1 year of related maintenance experience in an industrial plant
· 6 months supervisory experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits
· Able to physically perform the following duties for prolonged periods of time
· Unassisted lifting up to 50 pounds, Bending, Walking, Kneeling and Stretching
· Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs
· Able to work on step ladders or extension ladders up to 30 feet
· Must have reliable transportation as the plant is not accessible to public transport
Job Type: Full-time