Pickering Casino Resort is seeking a Director, Table Games!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Tables team!
Based at Casino Pickering, this is an amazing opportunity for a highly engaged Table Games leader who will be responsible for driving the profitability of the Table Games operations while striving to deliver on the company’s mission, “to be the leading gaming, entertainment and hospitality provider in Canada”. While executing all new Table Games initiatives, the Director, Table Games ensures adherence to all policies, procedures & internal controls, motivates and leads by example and provides learning opportunities while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members. This role will interact and partner with leadership team members, managers, union and executives on a regular basis. Above all, the Director, Table Games will set a high standard for guest experience and recruit, engage and inspire a team of dealers, Supervisors and Managers who are passionate about creating great experiences for our guests!
Pickering Casino Resort is slated to open in early 2020 and will feature a number of gaming and dining options, while the second phase will include a full scope of entertainment amenities and hotel offerings. Once complete, the Pickering Casino Resort will include a casino, hotel, entertainment centre, and multiple food outlets, providing an eclectic mix of adventure, culture, cuisine, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Provides leadership, support and direction to Table Games management;
· Accountable for the guest experience in Table Games and creating and delivering a fun entertainment ‘vibe’;
· Develops performance objectives and conducts Performance Partnership discussions & goal-setting with direct reports;
· Develops and implements Table Games policies, procedures and controls;
· Responsibility for all budgeting aspects of the department;
· Monitors and analyzes productivity, work skills and behaviours;
· Evaluates current business models and methods; proposes and implements approved changes;
· Oversees the departmental schedule with a Scheduling Coordinator to ensure proper scheduling practices align with business needs and the Collective Agreement;
· Reviews table game mix and operating procedures and identifies opportunities for efficiencies; ensures implementation of table games strategies;
· Researches trends and innovations as they relate to products and systems, makes recommendations for improvements;
· Monitors all table games reporting, including labour costs;
· Develops strategies to ensure the retention of existing and acquisition of new VIP players;
· Responds to all guest feedback related to Table Games and resolves issues that are escalated;
· Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, management, team members, union and regulators;
· Ensures the administrative responsibilities associated with Kronos, Leave Management and Performance Improvement are maintained as per procedure;
· Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate business units;
· Ensures compliance of Table Games operations with policy and procedure, legislation, AGCO, health and safety and other programs including RG;
· Ensures compliance with licensing laws and other statutory regulations;
· Carry out other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
· 10+ years’ experience in Casino management, with at least 5 years in a senior management role in gaming;
· Post-Secondary education or suitable combination of continuing education and strong experience;
· Proven leadership skills and a track record of training, grooming and developing team members;
· Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication;
· A commitment to continually increase knowledge of products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests;
· A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development;
· Computer fluency in MS Office;
· Ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance.
Job Type: Full-time