Part Time, Permanent
As soon as possible
Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
NOC Job Title:
Community Service Worker
Expires in 61 days
Aldergrove, British Columbia
Surrey, British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia
Milieu is hiring Community Support Workers for Full Time, Part Time, and Casual positions:
Community Support Workers provide support to adults with developmental disabilities, mental health, challenging behavior, high medical needs, autism, and assisting with personal care in a staffed residential setting (such as a group home).
Milieu’s is committed to person-centered support and seeks to foster independence, build relationships, and increase community inclusion and citizenship opportunities for those we serve. Our mission is “to empower and support people as valued, contributing citizens in communities.”
Support individuals with a developmental disability with Activities of Daily Living (cooking, cleaning, and transportation) self-care (including personal hygiene and showering), employment, and community inclusion.
Applicants should have the ability to work as part of a team, problem solve, demonstrate crisis intervention skills, as well as have written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A certificate in human/ social services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or physical/medical/behavioral support needs or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Negative T.B test Clearance
- Food Safe Certification
- Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults (Provincial)
- Clear Health Certificate
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Class 5 or where required class 4 unrestricted driver’s license
- Clear and Current Driver’s Abstract.
- Mandt Certification (Available training upon successful application)
This is a unionized position with the BCGEU grid 10. Wage range of $17.71 to $20.62
For more information please visit our website at www.milieu.ca
If interested please email your resume and cover letter to Humanresources@milieu.ca
How to Apply
Mar 28, 2020