Full Stack Developer
Do you enjoy taking risks and challenging the status quo? Do you have a drive to take existing processes to the next level? Are you always looking for ways to improve your skills and the work you do? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 9,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America. Following the transformational acquisition of Coveris Americas, TC Transcontinental’s consolidated pro forma revenues are estimated at C$3.3 billion for fiscal 2017. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Premedia team. Our Premedia team is the largest division of its kind in Canada. With over 500 talented employees in our group, we are proud to provide our national retail and CPG customers with key services ranging from creative, photo/video, language services, production, packaging and technology solutions. You will join this very passionate and dynamic team, in an exciting environment that is second to none!
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Solutions Director, the Full Stack Developer will be working in .NET environment primarily. Main responsibilities will include participation in the design phase of new software projects, building new solutions, analysis, change requests and bug fixes. Successful candidate will be required to participate in code reviews, provide feedback and contribute with process improvements as well as understand business and technical requirements for existing and new solutions. Candidate will be working closely with QA and product management teams.
What you will do
- Accurately capturing and communicating requirements, goals, progress, and interdependencies with end users and stakeholders
- Develop and unit test moderate to complex programs/modules according to specific business and design requirements for in-house developed solutions
- Deliver on enhancements/product progression projects on time and on budget per project plan
- Provide support and enhancements to existing production applications to minimize outage time and increase effectiveness of business
- Engage/Liaise with Customer, Leads, QA, Business Analysts, and Project Managers to define software requirements; and to assess feasibility of solution within time constraints
- Produce code that is secure, reliable, reusable and scalable
- Create implementation instructions and support application deployments
- Work with QA and Product team to review problems, define and test solutions.
- Follow industry standards in application development, secure coding, and testing
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
- Strong communication & business analysis skills, ability to translate requirements to solution, technology or code
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in OOAD, Service Oriented Architecture and Web-based development
- 6+ years experience in web application development in .NET environment
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, web services, protocols and methodologies including languages like Java-script, Type-script, Angular, React, jQuery, HTML, CSS, XML, Ajax, Python
- Knowledge of .NET languages (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET)
- Knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL or Oracle SQL
- Experience with IDEs such as IntelliJ/Eclipse/Visual Studio and build tools such as Gradle, Ant, Maven, Tomcat, sub-versioning, & unit testing
- Excellent analytical problem diagnosis, investigation and solving skills
- High attention to detail and ability to learn and adapt to high paced environment where a candidate is required to often switch from one project to another
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required (ability to receive and provide feedback a must)
- Ability to work well in a team environment or solo and under tight deadlines is a must
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us
Job Type: Full-time