March 6, 2019
~20-30 hours / week
Jiva Consulting is seeking a Technology Support Person who will support our team and clients in a contemporary work environment. We are seeking individuals who have vested interest in learning new technology and who want to dedicate time into growing their skills. Experience with computers, programming, and personal knowledge is considered an asset, but not necessarily required. This position will require an individual to work closely with other team members, including the operation team, as well as, writers, analysts, editors, and e-learning designers to fulfill business demands. This position will have a key role in ensuring that a consistent and high quality of work is delivered and communicated both internally, and externally to clients.
- Take a proactive approach to understanding technical information and business functions
- Design the best method for communicating clear and accurate knowledge transfer
- Conduct quality control and test software and systems at various stages of development
- Prepare and support the team for review sessions to ensure focus and timely results
- Own and manage document development processes and effectively manage time and deadlines
- Collaborate with team members to define objectives, guide processes, and engaging interactions within project constraints
- Contribute to a systematic design and development model to improve resources and minimize the development time for future materials
- Strong research and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to analyse process models and identify potential areas for improvement
- Knowledge and skills required to document and present technical processes visually and through text
- A strong understanding of Windows
- Familiarity with software including, Office 365, SharePoint, Linux Servers, Amazon Web Services, Joomla CMS, Moodle LMS would be considered an asset.
- Team-oriented with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Exhibits enthusiasm, promotes a team environment, and fosters an atmosphere of trust
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate to colleagues and clients
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects
- Understands own strengths and weaknesses and strives to continuously learn and improve
- Identifies as a self starter with initiative who demonstrates accountability for performance and results
- Approaches problem solving fro a variety of angles
- Makes sound decisions to achieve creative and innovative solutions
- Projects confidence when engaging and presenting, one-on-one and in groups
- Embraces a high performance, customer-focused culture based on exceptional listening skills
- Has a positive outlook towards change and the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and client requirements
The hourly rate for this position is $20 to $25 / hour.
We also support flexible, innovative work models with some unique benefits. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to an overwhelming response to our past postings, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear form us within two weeks, please accept our regrets.