Join our team!! Locher Evers International, industry leading and highly regarded freight forwarder, is growing rapidly! LEI has an immediate opening in our IT Department located at our Head Office on Annacis Island (Delta) for a Junior Systems Technician.
LEI offers a competitive compensation package that includes company paid extended health and dental benefits, a great work environment and a great profit-sharing incentive. We care for our employees as much as we care for our customers, and this is evident in our continuous growth and success.
We are seeking a new team member for this newly created position, that enjoys a fast-paced environment and is reliable, hardworking, has a great attitude, has a great quality of work, great interpersonal skills along with great communication, able to work independently, able to multi-task, and is able to think outside of the box.
The Junior Systems Technician reports to the IT Manager and will liaise with other IT department technicians along with other department managers and staff.
- Daily network maintenance duties as assigned by Network Administrator
- Provide Level 1 support for all IT related incidents
- Setting up of new users and manage existing users
- Setting up new PCs, HP Thin Clients, Laptops and installing upgrades as required
- Maintain and update IT inventory across all offices
- Maintaining IP based devices (printers, phones, wireless, laptops, HP thin clients, PC, etc.)
- Monitor network and server performance and backup
Qualifications/Environments/Hardware knowledge required:
- MTA or MCSA Certification or equivalent
- A+ or Network+ Certification
- Citrix, Office 365, VMware and Hyper-V knowledge or experience
- Servers, Thin Client, Laptop, Desktop, Laser printer, label printer, mobile phone, tablet, Dash-cam, Wireless router, etc
- Install and support IT equipment related to LANs, WANs, network segments, internet, intranet systems
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance
- Provide end-user training and support
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems
- Installation and maintenance of desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Authentication, communications and collaboration systems such as MS Office 365, MS Exchange Online, and MS Active Directory
- Common application support, i.e.: Office 365, Outlook (desktop version), CargoWise, etc.
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures using available resources
- Determine most cost-effective repair/resolution to minimize downtime
- Maintain systems inventory/assets record
- Monitor server room and keep all equipment tidy and safe
- Update systems documentation
- Dash-cam support for the company trucks
What we offer:
- Monday to Friday, 6am to 2pm
- F/T hours
- Company paid health and benefits program
- Start as soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Citrix: 1 year (Preferred)
- VMware: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office 365: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hyper-V: 1 year (Preferred)
- LAN/WAN: 1 year (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wireless and printers: 1 year (Preferred)
- MTA or MCSA (Preferred)
- A+ or Network+ (Preferred)