Purchasing Assistant– Port Coquitlam
QMC Metering Solutions supplies and integrates several meter technologies to effectively monitor the consumption of electricity, water, gas and thermal energy consumption of commercial and residential properties. We have offices in Coquitlam, Calgary, and Toronto and have a support and distribution network across the country including Edmonton, Montreal and San Francisco, CA, USA.
The Purchasing Assistant for the Port Coquitlam office is an integral member of our team and will directly report to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Update work orders with shipment and invoicing information in CRM and Accounting software
- Ensure orders are shipped timely and accurately (liaise with purchasing, warehouse, project managers and project coordinators, sales reps and technical team as required)
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure optimum inventory management including stock re-orders for warehouse
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager with small rush orders and logistics invoice processing
- Account payable – process all invoices received. Suppliers, logistics.
- Purchasing assistant – received products in the accounting system when the packing list received.
- Issue contractors PO
- Get/follow up sub-contractor’s approval from the PM’s
- RMA request to supplier – manage shipment return and replacement
- Tag, and stock checks products for the WO received or request.
- Stock transfer between two offices.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers including corresponding with customers as required
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Assist with phone and office coordination duties
- General office admin including updating filing systems, office supplies, couriers, etc.
- Other tasks may be assigned.
Skills and Experience required:
- Educational background accounting diploma or certificate or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one (1) year accounting and/or office experience
- Experience with Accounts Payable
- Experience in the Utilities, Electrical or Energy Management industry an asset
- Strong experience in a Windows Office environment, (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong experience with CRM systems & Accounting software
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic project environment with changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
QMC would like to thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information about our Company visit us at www.qmeters.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting or Accounts Payable: 1 year (Required)
- office: 1 year (Required)