HTS Engineering Ltd.
Short Company Profile: HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 16 offices in the US and Canada. HTS has recently launched a vibrant new look and brand promise -- one that reflects our companywide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance.
job Title: Safety Administrator
Position Summary: Reporting to the Corporate Health and Safety Director, this role will provide assistance in the ongoing development and maintenance of the company’s health, safety and environmental program. In addition, this role will provide administrative and organizational support to the regional and field/site supervisors with a focus on consistency across all operations. This is a growing role with long-term career opportunity and development.
Duties & Responsibilities- 75% Safety Admin, 25% Travel to site
- Liaise with H&S Director to plan and deliver informational and educational safety information across the organization
- Maintain and enforce the company H&S management system; this includes policies, procedures, and legislative compliance to ensure the policies and procedures are up to date
- Conduct weekly job site inspections to minimize unsafe work conditions and practices to prevent near misses, incidents and accidents. Address and implement workplace safety changes as necessary.
- Prepare inspection/audit reports outlining the results of all job site inspections
- Assist the H&S Director with COR implementation and certification maintenance
- Coordinate all aspects of H&S department meetings such as sending invites, attending and sometimes leading meetings, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Up keep Health and Safety training records across all platforms. Arrange and/or deliver training programs to ensure legislative compliance. The distribution of training programs may include safety talks to support the organization as needed
- Delivery of all communication of H&S bulletins and Safety boards located in each HTS location.
- Develop and implement H&S training programs, such as monthly safety talks, as required by law or as directed by Health and Safety Director
- Responsible for field operations including, but not limited to sourcing and supplying safety materials and providing information as necessary for correct usage
- Ensure the security and confidentially of all Corporate H&S information. Use discretion when providing sensitive information to those inside and outside the organization
- Actively participate in site toolbox meetings to ensure H&S concerns and questions are addressed and answered
- Promote a respectful environment for all members of HTS Engineering Ltd
- Assist Managers/Supervisors with accident investigations and reports
- Report findings to department heads and supervisors along with recommended corrective actions
- Assist site supervisors with development of site emergency/rescue plan as required
- Work on projects and tasks as assigned by Health and Safety Director
- College or University degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline
- Construction Safety Officer certification (CHSO or NCSO) would be considered an asset
- 1-3 years experience in a Health and Safety role
- Minimum 1 year of field safety experience in a construction environment
- Knowledge in Certificate of Recognition (COR) program is beneficial
- Skills in procedure development, risk assessments, form generation, database management etc.
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer literacy is required
- Professional and positive attitude, excellent work ethics, strong desire to learn and succeed
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability and maturity to work proactively and handle confidential matters in a discreet manner
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skill
- Team player who builds effective working relationships with all levels within the organization
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver's license as well as own a vehicle
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. HTS welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process and thereafter.
Job Type: Full-time