Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Description The Product Marketing Manager will drive the strategy and implementation of product positioning, messaging, pricing, sales enablement, and sales tools development for Sage’s Business Cloud People and Payroll. As PMM you will collaborate with the Central Product Marketing team and country product teams and will have the opportunity to define and launch new propositions that leverage the latest technology in the small business market and transform the way businesses operate today.
Key Responsibilities Job Responsibilities:
- Work with cross- functional departments, including marketing, product management, sales and sales operations to synthesize effective positioning and message that will drive creation of content.
- Product messaging responsibilities include creating product collateral, website content, data sheets, case studies, white papers and presentations
- Help drive the strategy and planning efforts to drive awareness and to accelerate customer demand
- Go-to-market planning and execution responsibilities include developing channel and direct sales tools, support training and enablement; pricing; and marketing campaign and event support.
- Experience owning and creating the commercial model for a product line, working with finance and sales.
- Partner with product management and field marketing to plan and execute product launches and releases.
- Maintain a pulse on the small business financial applications market, its competition and develop gap analysis and mitigation plans.
- Understand market dynamics including segmentation, buyer needs, competition and price to make recommendations for pricing and commercialization strategies
- Develop strong working relationships with Central PMM and Canada partner teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related fields. An MBA would be a plus.
- 5+ years of related product or solutions marketing experience such as demand generation, solutions marketing, or product marketing.
- Expertise and a proven track record successfully marketing accounting/financial business applications is a highly desired; Cloud experience is highly desirable
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven track record partnering with cross-functional teams and leading successful product launches
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver and strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Experience influencing and communicating product offers to customers, prospects, sales people, industry analysts and trade press
- Travel: 25%
Why Sage Software Canada?
Join Sage Software Canada, the 2018 Region of the Year Winners!
Do you love where you work? WE do! Our beautiful Sage campuses are in the located the biggest high-tech cities in Canada! Our Richmond, BC, campus is only 20 mins away from downtown Vancouver and the Toronto campus (in the heart of the South Core Financial District) that displays spectacular views of Lake Ontario from our coffee bar and steps away from the Scotiabank Arena and CN tower. While there, you will work alongside talented colleagues who are passionate about solving client’s business problems.
We care about our colleagues, and we show it! Our comprehensive total rewards program which includes a competitive salary, extended health, dental, vision coverage, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career opportunities, 21 days paid time off (PTO) to start, paid 5 days to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, and so much more!
Bring your true self to work every day. We understand that our differences are what makes us a stronger company. Sage Software Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with an ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. Providing a positive and accessible candidate experience throughout the hiring process is not just our goal, but our promise.
Please find a role that interests you, and if your skills are a good fit, one of our team will contact you for an interview. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, however, if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.