Avocette is currently searching for an OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Consultant to lead and build Red Hat solutions for our customers. This is a permanent position working out of our Victoria downtown office.
The successful candidate will demonstrate solid and progressive technical consulting experience relating to the implementation and post-implementation support of large-scale solutions based on OpenShift.
This is a hands-on position and you will work with our clients and cross-functional teams at Avocette including project managers, business analysts, developers, and testers to meet the needs of our customers. You will need to have both deep knowledge and hands-on experience with the Red Hat Ecosystem for Microservice and Container Development including Linux, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Containers, and virtualization.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Red Hat Ecosystem – OpenShift and container.
- Assist in technology direction and project governance for OpenShift solutions.
- Design, implement, or support OpenShift installations
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide solution architecture, system integration, and application design services for solutions based on Red Hat OpenShift
- Work with the technical team to ensure the project is on schedule with the expected quality delivered
- Share accountability with project managers on project delivery and timelines
- Create and build a trust relationship at work and with our clients
- Acts as a technical liaison between clients, technical delivery teams, and operations.
- Be proactive in the continuous improvement of the service delivery, cross-functional processes/procedure creation and compliance
- Create technical documentation
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Bootstrap, React or Angular
- Experience with Git Source Control or Team Foundation Server
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience with Agile Scrum, Test Driven Development, and building testable solutions
- Experience with deployment of containerized cloud-based applications using Docker
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of experience with scripting using as bash, ruby or python
- Ideally some experience on BC Government development projects
Job Type: Full-time
- Website development: 5 years (Preferred)