iQommerce Corporation is looking for a full-time UI & UX Designer/Developer to join our team in Calgary, AB.
iQommerce is a fully funded, cloud financial technology start-up that provides enterprise-grade B2B transaction automation and business intelligence solutions. Our thoughtfully designed platform serves both buyers and sellers by capturing point-of-sale transaction data in real time. We use this data to automate critical business processes, and much more. iQommerce is smart business and we need smart people to help us deliver on this promise.
As a UI & UX Designer/Developer, you will be developing web applications in a dynamic and progressive full stack environment. You will collaborate with other talented developers and will be a top architecture and front-end contributor.
- 2+ years of web development experience in a commercial large scale or start-up environment
- 2+ years of experience with creating a responsive, mobile-friendly web application
- 2+ years of experience with Architecture, Wireframing and UI/UX fundamentals
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the application function and will appear.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of visual design principles, such as typography, colour, layout, and composition
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with other members of the team to create integrated products for service
- Fluency in current digital design prototyping tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.)
- Provide a strong portfolio of design experience showing independent capabilities and initiative
- Experience with user-facing digital design of a major production web application
- Experience with animation software (After Effects)
- Experience in designing user interfaces for iOS and/or Android, plus responsive web
- Experience with working in a version control environment (GitHub & Git)
- Sound knowledge of usability principles of design and design facilitation approaches
- Strong knowledge of web coding standards and licensing
- Knowledge of the current tech industry trends
- Work with an agile team to build and maintain the infrastructure of our web-based application
- Creatively design, contribute, and lead the UI/UX for our application across the web and mobile platforms
- Define and ensure consistency in design and styles across our assets and applications
- Align work priorities with all stakeholders including the project manager, business associates, and management
Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- Able to meet deadlines efficiently
- Superior time management skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Takes responsibility for project success
- Ability to work remotely from home and meet in-person once per week
At iQommerce Corporation, we are excited to hire and work with the top talent in the industry.
If you are interested and qualify for this role, please submit your resume, portfolio, and GitHub profile. To make a great first impression, please send us examples of your portfolio and describe your contribution.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that we are only considering candidates who currently have the legal right and possess documentation to work in Canada. We appreciate your cooperation with this request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- HTML, CSS, JS: 2 years (required)
- UI development: 2 years (required)
- Front-end development: 2 years (required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19