MSP Starch Products Inc is the only manufacturer of prebiotic resistant potato starch in Canada. Our growing, state of the art processing facility is located near Carberry, MB, in the heart of Canada and is surrounded by western Canadian potato production.
We are currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated, full-time Business Development Specialist to drive our MSP[RS] Resistant Starch market development efforts in the swine industry. Reporting to the VP, you will be responsible for growing the North American swine business.
The duties of the role will include:
- Work with Producers to increase sales and growth opportunities
- Develop strong and long -term relationships
- Manage and influence complex customer/account decision making process
- Create, implement and influence direction of account strategy
- Keep on top of industry trends
- Deliver and transfer Key Messages and scientific information around MSP[RS] to key influencers /decision makers
- Monitor, report and accountability for account plan milestones to monitor success of tactics
- Continuously review MSP[RS] applications with existing customers in North America to ensure satisfaction, identify unmet needs, and provide technical support
- Acquire new key accounts in North America
- Travel in North America, as required
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree / Diploma in Animal Health or Nutrition, or a related field
- Has extensive swine industry knowledge and who thrives on exceeding targets
- Experience in a swine or related animal production environment
- 3+ years progressive related sales and technical support experience, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Strong interpersonal with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet tight reporting deadlines
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Enjoy a changing and challenging environment and contribute positively to team dynamics
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to determine best sales approach
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Must be a Manitoba resident, legally entitled to work in Canada, travel to the United States, with English as your primary language
We offer competitive wages, group benefits, a Health Care Spending Account and an RRSP matching program to all employees upon successful completion of the requisite probationary period.
Qualified candidates can apply by emailing a current resume and cover letter to the attention of Brent McMillan by November 1st, 2019.
We thank all that apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- related sales and technical support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)