Our client has engaged Steven Cardwell Recruitment to assist with finding an experienced Commercial Lines (RIBO) for the office in the Hamilton area, responsible for servicing existing accounts.
- Use in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to arrange legally binding insurance contracts.
- Develop and implement prospecting strategies.
- Maintain a full prospect pipeline at all times and respond to all internal leads quickly.
- Qualify prospects to assess fit.
- Assess prospect/clients’ needs and provide accurate insurance advice.
- Provide an accurate quote to prospect based on information provided.
- Communication of features and benefits of each available option with recommendations of insurer and coverage.
- Move prospects through the sales cycle to close on the sale and binding
- Acquire all necessary information for a quality new business submission according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate with the marketing department, underwriters, loss control etc.
- Responsible to complete the sale and arrange for pick-up of payment, arrange for binders, certificates, liability slips etc.
- Request and interpret underwriting reports after binding decision and communicating the impact of discrepancies on premium to the prospect.
- Review client’s insurance programs annually, making recommendations.
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure coverage remains adequate.
- Prepare and present renewals to client in a professional and timely manner according to company guidelines.
- Coach the client on the loss in order to enable them to make an informed decision on how to proceed.
- Involved with large and/or complex claims.
- Ensure client is made aware of all options available in the event of a non-renewal situation.
- Arrange for payment of premium in a competent manner utilizing insurance company payment plans or Premium Financing options.
- Assist in collecting premiums when necessary. Any uncollected premiums are the responsibility of the Personal Lines
- Makes every effort to meet or exceed the forecasted sales goal annually.
- Accurately document client files and electronic files regarding all coverage discussions, quotes, declination of coverage with client in order to be constantly working to eliminate potential errors and omissions for the brokerage.
- Obtain a minimum of 8 continuing education hours annually.
- RIBO license
- Outstanding communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Expertise in or willingness to become proficient in: Manufacturing, Construction, Realty, Hospitality, Agricultural, Retail, Technology, Transportation and Public Entity Risks.
- Car and valid driver’s license are required.
Reference ID: Job-2456
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year