Our client is currently seeking an exceptionally talented business leader with entrepreneurial spirit to be their Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and elevate the financial function within the company. This exciting opportunity encompasses multiple facets of the modern CFO and the role will act as a steward and operator, strategist and a catalyst. The right person for this position will be extremely insightful, financially savvy, and a great communicator. They will bring deep experience in finance and accounting to inform decision-making and mentor others in the operating company to gain this skill.
The CFO will join the executive leadership team. The role of the CFO will be to provide the executive leadership team with critical financial information needed to identify and pursue optimal growth strategies and operating efficiencies across the full business.
KEY OPPORTUINTIES & CHALLENGES
As our client looks to grow, the role of the financial and accounting functions within the organization continue to broaden. Beyond the core responsibilities of financial reporting, audit and compliance, planning, treasury, and capital structure, the organization is looking for their financial leadership to play a stronger role in corporate portfolio management.
The key challenge for the CFO will be to not only deliver a finance organization that gets the numbers right, but also to partner with leadership in shaping the company’s growth strategy.
The successful CFO will play four diverse and challenging roles. The two traditional roles are steward, preserving the assets of the organization by minimizing risk and getting the books right, and operator, running a tight finance operation that is efficient and effective. It’s equally important that the CFO be a strategist helping to shape overall strategy and direction, and catalysts instilling a financial approach
and mind set throughout the organization to help other parts of the business perform better.
This role will work to protect the vital assets of the company, ensure compliance with financial regulations, close the books correctly, and communicate value and risk issues to the Executive Leadership.
The CFO will need to operate an efficient and effective finance organization providing a variety of services to the business such as financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, and other finance operations.
The CFO will take a seat at the strategy planning table and help influence the future direction of the company. This role is vital in providing financial leadership and aligning business and finance strategy to grow the business. In addition to possible M&A and capital market financing strategies, the position will play an integral role in supporting other long-term investments of the company.
The CFO will stimulate and drive the timely execution of change in the finance function of the enterprise. The role will facilitate and drive business improvement initiatives such as improved enterprise cost reduction, procurement, pricing execution, and other process improvements and innovations that add value to the company.
As a member of the leadership team, the primary objective of the CFO is to lead the financial strategy and operations of the Company. This role is responsible for leading the reporting and analytics capabilities to guide strategic decision making to drive strong financial performance. As a senior leader of the organization, you will live and breathe the organization values and incorporate them into how you lead.
· You will be accountable for leading the financial reporting and compliance for the organization.
· You will elevate the finance function and provide key financial analysis to shape management decisions and inform leadership on the strategic direction of the organization.
· You assist in formulating the company's financial future direction and support tactical initiatives.
· You will lead the near- and long-term budgeting process and coach managers in the financial acumen necessary to lead their lines of business.
· Managing and providing mentorship to your team, you will lead the overall finance and accounting function through compliance and reporting activities.
· You will develop and monitor department and organization KPI’s used to gauge
performance in terms of meeting strategic and operational goals.
· You provide leadership to financial operations and oversee; payroll delivery, filings with financial organizations, support of contract negotiations, and execution of key transactions.
· In prior roles, you have succeeded by leveraging your MBA/BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and you bring an advanced understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles mixed with strong analytical and operational skills.
· You live the brand and corporate values.
· You execute like an owner.
· Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
· Passionate, energetic, and love a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
· While you consider yourself more of a technical expert than people leader, in previous roles, you have been known to coach and develop your peers – always finding the time to help more junior resources solve complex problems.
· Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
· Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
· Passion for developing people and teams. Ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
· Organized and ability to work independently on assigned projects. Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize work.
· Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
· We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
· The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
LOCATION: Chatham, Ontario
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year