Provides support and delivers operational processes to ensure timely and accurate processing of securities and trade transactions are booked correctly in systems for clean downstream settlement. Provides guidance and execution in the support and booking of new strategies, and daily capture of transactional information to support downstream analytics and financial accounting processes. Supports the maintenance of appropriate governance and controls over the trade capture process.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Communicates with internal business partners and external customers to respond to standard and non-standard inquiries.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendation.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- May assists with activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, resource forecasting, work flow and activities of the team, including assigning work, periodically reviewing output, providing input to employee performance reviews, quality control, training, team coaching and guidance, operations research and problem resolution.
- Fulfills routine and frequently non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/requests, and/or audit/reconciliation activities.
- Analyzes and resolve complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards. Act as primary back-up to team members and as back-up to the manager.
- Evaluates circumstances requiring exceptions and engages senior management for resolution where required.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Resolves standard and relatively straightforward issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager.
- May function as a problem-solving resource for more junior staff.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery. of training to audiences.
- May acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Provides input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/services or processes as required.
- Follows documented policies and procedures to execute day to day transactions, activities, processes and ensure all Service Level Agreements(SLAs) are met. Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and problems, and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Deals with clients directly to resolve trade issues and/or escalates as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Understands the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations and ensures appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology – In-depth.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls – In-depth.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business – In-depth.
- Prioritization skills – Good.
- Customer service skills – In-depth.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – In-depth.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- In-Depth Knowledge of Vanilla and Exotic derivative products (i.e. Structured Notes, Equities, OTC Equity and Interest Rate Derivatives – Swaps, Forwards, Loans and Bonds)
- Must have Project / Testing experience and worked on on-boarding trading platforms
- Familiar with WallStreet Office, Clearpar, SwapOne, Imagine, Calypso, Bloomberg
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and Regulatory oversight bodies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines independently or in a team-based environment
- Strong investigation and problem solving skills and attention to details
- Demonstrates analytical thinking and sound judgement when making decisions
- Good organizational skills, highly motivated and adaptable to a changing business environment
- Good understanding of business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Job Customer Fulfillment
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation CIOO CM & US CTOO-X000070
Job Posting 09/24/19
Unposting Date 10/01/19