Intelcan Technosystems Inc. is Canada’s leading CNS/ATM and Airport Infrastructure solution provider. Whether integrating Intelcan’s own products or utilizing products from a diverse supplier network, Intelcan delivers complete, cost-effective solutions worldwide.
Founded in 1973 with offices in Ottawa and Montreal, Intelcan has expanded globally to efficiently reach its vast client base and provide full life-cycle support.
As a Telecommunication Technician, you will join the system engineering team and contribute to the integration, testing, installation and commissioning of VHF/UHF radios, VSAT, WiFi access points, multiplexers/modems microware equipment, as well related antennas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Survey the sites where the equipment will be installed;
- Assist in the design of the telecom solution;
- Prepare required test procedures & run them at factory then on-site for customer acceptance;
- Integrate electronic equipment from different suppliers into the cabinets/racks;
- Perform onsite installation, including configuration, troubleshooting, commissioning and testsPreparation of training materials and conduct systems Factory and Onsite Training;
- Participate in purchasing required material.
40+% as required by the phases of the project for extended periods of time to emerging nations such as West Africa and South America.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering Technician or equivalent;
- More than 5 years of experience in installing and configuring wireless equipment;
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- Experience using RF test equipment (networks analyzers, spectrum analyzers, multimeters);
- Extensive experience in field installation and troubleshooting radio equipment;
- The job requires certain physical tasks: ability to lift 50lbs and perform tower climbing and rigging such as installing antennas, dishes, coax and mounting hardware on towers up to 100’;
- Bilingual (Preferred): English, French;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio.
What it's like working at Intelcan!
- A motivated team-based environment where your achievements matter;
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors;
- Multicultural environment. English, French, Spanish, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Chinese are some of the languages spoken at Intelcan’s offices;
- Small-medium size company which allows to be in contact with other departments and to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest: However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)