Smart Living Properties (SLP) is a leader in providing smart and minimalist housing solutions to help people in Ottawa get the most out of their lives in the simplest way possible. At SLP, we work together as a small team to overcome roadblocks by collaborating, communicating and tackling challenges head on.
We are looking for an experienced Manager, People and Culture to cover a 14-18 month maternity contract.
The Manager, People and Culture will provide guidance, implementation and advice to Smart Living Properties on various HR matters with the goal of building organizational capability and enabling the achievement of overall business and HR strategies.
This role will also provide proactive support in areas such as coaching, organizational development, performance management, talent management, employee engagement and total compensation. Further, the People and Culture Manager will provide value added analysis and interpretation of key data and HR metrics.
- Lead the development and execution of HR initiatives, strategy, programs and policies.
- Provide coaching and guidance to management regarding performance management, conflict management and employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong customer-focused relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers and employees across the company.
- Oversee full cycle recruitment including creating a strategic recruitment plan to attract and retain great people.
- Develop career development and talent retention strategies including performance appraisals, succession planning and job descriptions.
- Identify and manage risk; identify gaps in policies and ensures compliance with legislation.
- Educate managers and employees on HR policies, programs and procedures.
- Create and implement a total compensation strategy and execution plan.
- Develop and monitor HR metrics for operational efficiency and organizations growth.
- Deliver training programs and facilitation sessions.
- Work with leaders to promote a diverse and inclusive culture focusing on coaching, mentoring and developing employees.
- Develop and implement Health and Safety measures and policies across all divisions.
- Other duties, as required.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in a similar role. Postsecondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related discipline preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, practices across the full range of HR disciplines.
- Experience in change management; ability to inspire, get buy-in and influence positive results across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple demands – you thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a ‘can-do’ attitude to tackle any project in front of you.
- Proven ability to coach people managers, collaborate, negotiate, facilitate, and resolve conflicts.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills in all areas: written, verbal, listening and presentation/ facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Professionalism and an ability to handle sensitive and difficult issues in a confidential and tactful manner.
- Advanced level of computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Smart Living Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, please let us know in advance.
Reference ID: People&CultureManagerAugust2021
Contract length: 18 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Screening, Masks, Sanitization, Rapid Testing, Additional Cleaning.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human Resources: 8 years (preferred)