The Business Management of Sanscorp has a current opening for a Full-Time Dispatch Logistics Coordinator. The position will be based out of the Sanscorp Office in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has great communication skills, is detail-oriented, self-motivated and is eager to work in a fast paced environment. This person will be responsible for a variety of functions including, but not limited to: supervising and coordinating the deliveries of aggregate, sand and topsoil to job sites, home owners and customers. The dispatcher will ensure the drivers stick to their appointed delivery times and destinations.
- Overseeing loading of dump trucks and communicating with yard persons and load operators.
- Ensuring the safety of the employees, customers and drivers while in the yard and when crossing the controlled train crossing and communicating any delays or traffic issues entering the yard or crossing.
- Collecting trucker's billing tickets and ensuring they are completed accurately. Following up with inaccuracies and missing tickets.
- Planning and ensuring that established routes and schedules are maintained according to traffic, length of rounder times, load times, back hauling and other customer orders.
- Hiring and scheduling of independent truck drivers and companies to assist in deliveries.
- Answering calls from customers and contractors.
- Use various computer programs to accomplish requirements of job (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Preparing documents and organizing truckers tickets for Accounts Receivable.
- Meet various deadlines and prioritize job duties
- Prepare documents and payments for the bank, mail and deliveries
- Directing trucks and activity in the yard by two-way radio & CB radio
- Clerical type transactions and customer relation
- Add value to the team by being kind, courteous and tactful in demanding and difficult situations
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High-school diploma
- Previous logistics experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must have a Class 5 driver license with no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Work tactfully and courteously with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, Microsoft Office, fax and other office equipment
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)