As the Solutions Specialist, you’re an expert in print solutions; executing the flawless fundamentals of print and marketing service offerings in our SolutionShop and providing an engaging customer experience to exceed our customers’ expectations. You’re responsible for the customer experience in the SolutionShop; providing expert advice, performing print production and finishing services, and connecting customers to the right service paths. You work with a business development mindset, partnering customers with appropriate referral opportunities. You provide training and coaching to Solutions team members and commit to your own ongoing self-development. You and your team are committed to adding value for our customers. You connect with them, demonstrate curiosity, and build relationships. You share knowledge, experiences and solutions in a consultative manner. And you create meaningful partnerships with internal and external resources, to meet our customers’ working and learning goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Partner with the Solutions Leader to set sales goals and targets; engage in the business planning process. Ensure team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs.
- Encourage and model a focus on ongoing learning and development with all associates at all times, including partnering with customers for learning, and personally engaging in formal and informal learning on the sales floor where appropriate.
- Partner with the Solutions Leader to promote and cultivate a selling culture with associates as Dynamic Inspired Partners, with a focus on connecting, sharing knowledge, and partnering with the customer to help them achieve their working and learning goals.
- Participate in the training and coaching of Sales Associates in all aspects of sales and customer engagement.
- Identify and communicate suggestions for improvements in all areas of the business. Share how you Connected, Shared, and Partnered on your shift, and communicate referral opportunities.
- Support the store and team members by providing coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require, including cash support.
- Proactively model and ensure the team’s understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies.
- Ensure company assets and physical inventory are secured, and ensure store open/close procedures, loss prevention, and key control procedures are followed.
- Ensure a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position as outlined in the training checklist, and to provide guidance to associates as needed.
- Gather and cascade communications about the business, initiatives, and results through shift starter meetings, communication boards, and The Hub to relay information and ensure all associates understand the direction.
- Be responsible for and take pride in the general cleanliness of the store including workstations, lunchroom, and washrooms for a positive customer and associate experience.
- Be responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and accountable to inform management of any maintenance issues.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety; be responsible for reporting any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- Proactively model and ensure the company’s bag check policy is in place, requiring personal parcels including bags, totes, purses, and backpacks be checked by a manager or leader prior to leaving the store premises.
- Take full ownership of the look, feel, and experience in the SolutionShop.
- Champion the Working and Learning Company Culture in store. Demonstrate Connect, Share, Partner behaviours and hold others accountable to do the same.
- Be responsible for the customer experience in the SolutionShop including customer consultation, customer quote prep and follow up, order intake and management, and follow up with leads sent to external services.
- Be responsible for maximizing sales in the SolutionShop by ensuring in-store and 3rd party service and production efficiency, evaluating the Copy scorecard and Print Pros training report, monitoring the dashboard and ensuring orders are completed on time, and executing on all SolutionShop sales initiatives.
- Be responsible for the assistance of customers in the Business Centre.
- Be responsible for and take pride in the SolutionShop and Business Centre areas, ensuring they are clean and well-stocked for a positive customer and associate experience; be responsible for the ordering of all SolutionShop supplies.
- Be responsible for the customer experience at the cash desk, including the maintenance of cash desk area, ordering of cash supplies, and POD setup.
- Be responsible for Ship-to-store and BOPiS pick-up order pick up processing, and the retrieval of shopping carts/baskets.
- Be responsible for maintaining flawless 5s processes for the front office, including money orders.
- Be responsible for reshelf and stock put away from receiving, ensure all high-ticket items received are verified, and assist with inventory replenishment when required.
- Be curious about people; leverage internal and external networks and product knowledge to effectively communicate how our products and services can help them achieve their working and learning goals.
- Provide accurate, current, and relevant information to customers about products and services in store and in the Unified Commerce Community.
Work with services and product expertise to be able to take the customer from start to finish through the buying experience.
- Provide accurate information and recommendations to customers on our full suite of services, including sequencing of service needs.
Teach, coach, and communicate new trends, products, and services to the Solutions team to ensure a seamless customer experience; guide associates to find the right sales pathways (M-Connect, Unified Commerce, PCAM, ISR, BDM) and other sales services within the store.
Stay actively connected, using networks to connect with customers to anticipate future needs.
- Take opportunities to identify and grow new business, working and learning opportunities, and prospects.
- Dedicate time for self-development; share your knowledge with team members to assist them in providing customer service excellence.
- Demonstrate strong consultative selling ability through deep exploration of customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to coach and develop others.
- Be fully immersed in social media and the digital environment and understand how technology relates to services.
- Demonstrate creativity in partnering with the customer to achieve their working and learning goals.
- Possess the capacity to build strong relationships with external service providers.
- Make decisions with integrity that support company guidelines and contribute to an inspiring customer experience.
- Plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to maximize the customer experience.
- 3-4 Years of Retail customer service is preferred.
- Must be able to lift between 5-50 lbs.
- Successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Solutions finder
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.