Aecon Construction Solutions Inc. is a multi-disciplined construction company offering superior civil, electrical and mechanical services including piping, insulation, scaffolding, and module fabrication. As one of Canada's largest and most diverse construction and infrastructure development companies, we're always on the search for exceptional craft candidates to fill our ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on hiring only those exceptional individuals who value safety in the workplace and remain committed to the collective goal of maintaining our Aecon ‘zero injury’ culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the appropriate site supervisor, the Mobile Crane Operator will be responsible for providing full cycle, in depth knowledge and support for the profession of Mobile Crane Operator to ensure Aecon Construction Solutions Inc. achieves their general and specific project requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operators manipulate many pedals and levers to rotate the crane, and raise and lower its boom and one or more load lines.
· May drive the crane to the job site, rig the machine up (pin the boom and pendant cables and pull the hoist cable in preparation for operation).
· Set up the machine for the lift (i.e., make it level and stable) using blocking and leveling materials.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Certified Journeyman Trade Ticket or indentured in the apprenticeship program
· Operate heavy equipment safely
· Perform preventive maintenance tasks on Equipment
· Follow directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
· Physical strength and stamina
· Manual dexterity
· Able to sit for long periods of time in cramped spaces
· A safety-conscious attitude
· The ability to work with others in a team
· Must be willing to work in remote job locations
· Repetitive movement
· Able to perform in a fast-paced environment
· Continuously changing work tasks
· Ability to work a significant number of hours throughout the day
· Ability to lift and work with materials weighing up to 25kg
· Ability to work in all weather conditions and environments
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,236.00-$106,200.00 per year
- Crane Operator: 1 year (preferred)