LandArt is a high-end residential landscape construction business located in the heart of wine country in Beamsville, ON. We service the Golden Horseshoe area, working anywhere from Mississauga to Hamilton to Niagara Falls. Our company loves natural stone and we look for ways to apply it into our designs so that our projects can stand the test of time. Quality workmanship is the standard we set for everything we do.
We offer career opportunities that will provide year-round employment, complete with health care benefits and a pension plan, as well as professional development possibilities, including apprenticeships in horticultural technician and stone masonry. We are seeking a hard-working individual with a commitment to customer service to join our close-knit team of professionals as a Landscape Lead Handthis upcoming season!
Summary: The Landscape Lead Handis responsible for aiding the foreperson to execute construction projects, plan labour requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of the job(s) within project deadlines.
Landscape Lead Hand Typical Hours: 6:15 AM – 5 PM Weekdays, increased/decreased as needed
Landscape Lead Hand Reports to: Foreperson
Landscape Lead Hand's Compensation: $18 to $25/hr, depending on experience
- Health care benefits
- Pension plan
Landscape Lead Hand's Core Capabilities:
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
Landscape Lead Hand's Job Duties:
- Direct and help to train new employees and employees in new positions with company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in compliance with local and company health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and job sites
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to complete work activities
- Operate various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Landscape Lead Hand's Requirements:
- Completion of high school (some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training would be beneficial)
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years’ experience in the landscape or construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Speak, read, and write English
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Requires excellent stamina
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional Saturday work
You can find more information about LandArt on our website at www.landart.net.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour