You will provide financial, administrative, and clerical services to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations in the finance department.
Who Are You?
You have a good understanding of office administration and your knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers is a testament to your savviness when it comes to bookkeeping.
What Will You Do?
Reporting to the Financial Controller (FC), you will comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Shuswap Band financial and personnel policies and procedures.
Working alongside the Accounts Payable Clerk and Financial Controller, you will provide up to date information to the Director of Finance (DOF).
Day-To-Day Transaction Processing
· Enters new customers into the accounting system.
· Creates invoices in SAGE 300 for completed works, sends to FC for review.
· Records all cheques and direct deposit receipts into the system.
· Records all rents received and maintains rental schedule for Housing Manager.
· Prepares bank deposits for FC.
· Maintains listing of accounts receivable.
· Follows up on outstanding accounts receivable amounts.
· Uploads deposits and bank reconciliations to EASE (online document storage).
Administrative and Year end support
· Assists with the completion of monthly bank reconciliations.
· Assists with monthly and yearly financial statements and reports.
Taxation – Yearly Cycle Processing
· Maintains up-to-date client listing in TAS (Tax admin. Software) working with the Lands manager, FC, DOF, and BC Assessment.
· Issues the Yearly tax statements to customers on or before June 1 of each year.
· Records all payments from customers in TAS and issues receipts.
· Assess penalties and interest as necessary for late payments.
· Provides tax searches upon legal request and issues invoices for search.
Kinbasket Water and Sewer – Quarterly Cycle and Day to day
· Maintains up-to-date client listing in TAS – works with various managers to ensure accuracy of client listing.
· Issues Quarterly utility invoices to customers from TAS.
· Record all payments from customers in TAS.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the Financial Controller.
Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of office administration and possess advanced bookkeeping skills.
· Knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers.
· Awareness of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Employment Standards Act (2000).
· Knowledge of First Nation Programs & Services and Personnel Policies and Procedures.
· Demonstrate superb financial calculation understanding, knowledge and skills.
· Demonstrate computer experience including the ability to work with accounting software (SAGE 300), spreadsheets and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level.
· College Diploma or equivalent in Business administration with a focus on accounting.
· Minimum two (2) years of recent and successful employment experience within a professional office and finance environment, preferably in an A/R role.
· Must review and follow all Nation Policies and Procedures. HR manual, Finance policies and Financial Administration Law.
· Willing to obtain a cleared criminal record check.
· Valid drivers license is required.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning financial information.
· Proven ability to problem solve and apply critical, analytical thinking.
· A natural team player by displaying effective verbal and listening communications skills.
· Experienced with implementing time and organizational management techniques.
· Ability to work well with other managers from a wide range of department areas and maintain knowledge of projects within each department.
Schedule. Compensation. Conditions of work
This is a full-time, year-round opportunity. We work Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm with a half-hour unpaid lunch. Work week is 32.5 hours. Availability to work flexible hours is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$29.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Do you reside or are relocating to the Columbia Valley?
- Do you have a minimum two (2) years of recent and successful employment experience within a professional office and finance environment, preferably in an A/R role?
- Do you have a College diploma or equivalent in Business administration with a focus on accounting?
- Do you have working knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers?
Application deadline: 2022-07-14