Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the SVP of HR, this role is pivotal to enabling the projected head-count growth of Equitable Bank. The Senior TA Manager will be responsible for managing and execution of the recruitment strategy, while building and developing a Talent Acquisition team. This position will manage up to three TA Specialists, and will indirectly coach and lead the HR team on their recruitment tasks. The Senior Manager will be involved in a number of key optimization projects aimed to advance and evolve the TA function. Sound research skills, as well as an in-depth knowledge of finance and banking, are key requirements for this role. Someone friendly but firm, who can build relationships at all levels and motivate others, will excel in this position.
Responsible for planning and execution of the recruitment strategy across the four offices of the bank. The incumbent will be tasked to evolve the TA function to become a value-add partner to all business units including IT, Marketing, Digital Banking, Finance, Risk, Capital Markets, Corporate Development, Residential and Commercial Lending, Compliance, Administration and Mortgage Services. The Senior TA Manager is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership, mentoring and guidance to the team members, while ensuring that the TA team operates productively and efficiently. The Senior Manager will collaborate with the Director of HR on ad-hoc projects, and on initiatives related to employer branding. The incumbent will monitor the team to ensure processes are being carried out in a consistent manner and are supporting departmental and business goals. Be an EQB ambassador. Effectively sell our story and culture to candidates across the country, act as an advocate for our company values and promote people and culture to candidates.
Recruitment – 50%
- Identify and implement sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill roles, by conducting research and utilizing a multitude of resources
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces results and builds credibility; ensure the highest service-level standards for both candidates and hiring managers
- Leverage advanced sourcing methods such as Boolean Strings, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed Resume Search and Exalead, to head-hunt niche talent for roles across all departments
- Play an active role in improving the bank’s employer branding, by improving the social media presence, and by representing the bank at relevant career fairs
- Ensuring the bank is well-positioned to face the challenges of hiring in the competitive FinTech space
- Gather various market information for hiring managers on an ad-hoc basis
- Use Application Tracking System (DayForce) to screen applicants’ resumes and recruit for assigned positions
- Generate and maintain a group of qualified candidates in advance of need; creating talent pipeline for the Bank’s various positions
- Conduct phone interviews and coordinate in-person interviews for candidates that best fit the company culture and the role
- Negotiate offers and coordinate details related to the offer of employment, including approval signatures
- Conduct reference checks and credit/criminal check verifications
- Maintain an honest and transparent communication with applicants throughout the whole hiring process
- Act as the lead, ensuring that our LinkedIn company page, company career sites, and the ATS systems are all updated weekly
- Attend recruiting events and learning sessions to keep abreast of the most recent Talent Acquisition trends
- Provide weekly recruitment reports to the VP, and the Director of HR
Manage the end-to-end process of campus recruitment for alumni and new grads with a select group of universities/colleges
Manage relationships with third party recruiting vendors and government employment agencies
Negotiate fees and engagement rates with third party agencies and business consultants
Stay in communication with our ATS vendor and follow up regarding problems and improvements
Team Management – 30%
- Hire, develop and manage a high-performing Talent Acquisition team
- Cross-train the TA’s to be well-equipped to assist with searches across various departments. Provide ongoing coaching and leadership
- Keep the TA team abreast of the changes in the regulatory space, and prepare them for the demands that these changes can create for recruitment
- Manage team escalations, provide solutions and keep the team focused on the vision, to achieve business objectives
- Train managers on various stages of recruitment, and provide them with the skills necessary to hire for the right fit. Coach new managers on recruitment best practices, and lead them throughout the hiring cycle
- Advise managers and employees on Equitable Bank’s staffing policies and procedures
- Train managers on the ATS/HRIS systems and ensure they’re following the right processes
TA Optimization – 20%
- Collaborate with external consultant and the Director, Human Resources on detailed Hire-Tracking metrics and data that aims to provide insights on areas of improvement, process deficiencies, recruitment funnels, etc.
- Monitor the sources of recruits and the referral rates. Analyze trends and ensure that the referral rate stays consistently high
- Collaborate with the HR Generalist on tracking the headcount, ensuring that departments hire within their annual budgets
- Work jointly with the Human Resources department to develop strategies in branding Equitable Bank to attract candidates on LinkedIn, job boards, Careers pages
- Works with our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Specialist to cultivate external partnerships and programs, in support of recruitment of under-represented populations at all levels
- Collaborate with the Director of HR and Marketing team to create synergies aimed at improving the employer branding
- Raise the brand awareness and drive organic traffic for potential candidates and build an external pipeline.
- 8+ years of recruiting experience; a mix of corporate and agency with a focus on talent, workforce planning and urecruiting
- Must have previous high volume and corporate recruitment experience
- 3+ years in a team leadership role
- Banking and Technology recruitment experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business Administration, or a related field
- Must demonstrate education around unconscious bias, reconciliation work, intercultural competence, accessibility and accommodation awareness
- Ability to understand a wide range of technical roles
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Ability to lead and manage special projects
- Exemplary interviewing and investigative skills
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes
- Adept in Boolean Search
- Experienced in using applicant-tracking systems (ATS). Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- In-depth experience conducting research, and sourcing candidates through social media (LinkedIn)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical, analytical/quantitative or conceptual information and ideas
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with business units, partners, third party vendors
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, high energy, proactive and self-motivated
- Experience working in high-volume, fast-paced environments
- Experience coaching recruiters and managers re unbiased interview processes
- Abreast with the Canada Labour Code and all Canadian employment regulations in relation to recruitment
- Able to quickly respond to changes in priorities
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.