The focus of this project is to develop and pilot an Entrepreneur program and increase our understanding of the needs of women seeking to build their own business. The successful candidate will need research, project management including budgeting, program development and evaluation skills to implement this project.
- Develop a curriculum for women to build their own business with a focus on skills development around seeking financial support, developing a business plan, branding, marketing & promotion, etc. The curriculum will need to include workshop/presentation content to meet various needs and learning styles (e-learning modules, in class seminars, group activities that meet the needs of a broad range of women including age, socioeconomic & education backgrounds, culture, language etc.
- Understand the systemic barriers faced by women seeking to start/formalize a personal business enterprise through research and consultations.
- Ensure all activities and deliverables within the project are achieved and maintaining targets as set out by funder.
- Stakeholder engagement to connect with small business owners in the community to support consultations, as presenters and/or mentors in the business program.
- Develop and implement an outreach plan to recruit women for the programs.
- Plan and host a small business/enterprise fair to connect participants to other small business owners (mentorship) resources (printers, vendors, materials suppliers).
- Volunteer recruitment, training and supervision in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator to support the project deliverables.
- Ensure that targets are met through effective project management including administrative tasks, seeking support from Supervisor and team as needed.
- Ensure the maintenance of statistics related to program attendance, project outcomes, and volunteer contributions are updated daily
- Complete reports in a timely manner including monthly and other reports as directed.
- Ensure all relevant documentation/records are maintained and kept in secure location.
- Ensure adequate resources and supplies are available to provide a high quality program including planning and purchasing materials and refreshments for programs.
- Ensure the work done from this project is linked to Women’s Place programs and services.
- Provide support for Women’s Place programs as well as agency wide events and initiatives.
- Ensure agency and standard health and safety protocols are followed.
- Additional duties as required
- Post-secondary experience in Business Management, Community Development, Social Services/Social Work or other relevant field or combination of experience and education.
- Experience with developing business plans, teaching & facilitation, developing curriculum.
- Experience in leading community development initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities, shifting demands and work hours
- Skills and experience working with a diverse clientele including marginalized populations and equity seeking groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with women in a sensitive and supportive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to anti-racism and non-discrimination practices.
- Ability to comply with polices regarding confidentiality, privacy and record keeping.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Criminal reference check is required.
- Must be a woman or identify as a woman to apply for this position.
Hours & Rate of Pay:
This is a contract full-time position, 37.5 hrs/week approximately 12 months starting November 1st 2019. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend as needed.
Position will report to the Women’s Program Coordinator
Job Types: Full-time, Contract