Why join us?
Are you a detail-oriented and highly motivated administrative professional with exceptional multi-tasking capability and a strong team player approach? If yes, consider joining us as an Administrative Assistant.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Process all invoices through Basware, including coding verifications, capital and leasing payments.
- Payment and tracking of all leasing costs.
- Code all office related invoices.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accruals.
- Billing of HVAC, lighting and service requests.
- Reconcile service invoices such as Telus and Shaw, along with assistance with our head office.
- Assist with entering invoices into Procore software.
- Assist with budgeting process and quarterly reforecasting, including distribution of budgets.
- Follow up on issues relating to any disputed invoices working closely with the Management and Operations teams.
- Assist with preparation of all rental notices, notice of changes and related correspondence to Tenants.
- Assist with preparation of monthly account receivable reports, audit package and quarterly property management reports.
- Create invoices for tenant charge backs monthly.
- Assist in processing invoices for payment including JDE entry and petty cash.
- Assist and report on monthly variance analysis of operating expenses.
- Assisting with Property Tax reconciliation and complete annual billings, year-end reconciliation of operating costs.
- Assist with verifying, collecting, processing and inputting rent due, adjustments and other payments from tenants in JDE.
- Assist with collection of rent, A/R follow-up, maintaining tenant’s security deposits.
ADMINISTRATIVE & REPORTING
- Assist in preparation and inputting of annual operating budgets – both revenues and expenses.
- Assist with budget data entry as required.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly property summaries.
- Maintaining tenant files related to lease documentation including leasing costs, insurance, architectural certificates and other related correspondence.
- Manage and maintain accurate sales reports for the property.
- Resolve tenant operating cost issues.
- Reply to tenant inquiries regarding operating costs and other payments.
- Liaise with Property Accountants in relation to property revenues/expenses, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
LEASE ADMINISTRATION (Support as needed)
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Review and reconcile monthly rent roll/tenant roster
- Support distribution of annual audited statement of recoverable operating costs
- Auditing building/floor and area information on on-going basis, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- completed grade 12 and have post secondary business courses in accounting. University degree is preferred.
- a minimum of 3 years’ of experience in a professional administration position. Preference will be given to those with experience in Property Management.
- proven administration skills; accounting exposure and experience with financial reporting and analysis would be an asset.
- are highly competent in Microsoft Office, including a high proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- an analytical mind-set to collect, review and analyze data with strong attention to detail.
- have proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, are well organized and have strong time management capabilities,
and work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines.
- are self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
- JDE, Accounting related software are assets.
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages over C$58 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal employees.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.