Basalt Wine & Salumeria are currently recruiting for a part-time Dishwasher to join our kitchen team ready for this winter!
The role of Dishwasher is essential for the smooth operation of the kitchen team of whom you will work and support closely. This role will assist the kitchen team with the following tasks:
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized work area throughout the shift by ensuring kitchen implements and utensils are cleaned and stored appropriately
- Dispose of any broken items and glass safely, appropriately and correctly
- Wash all dishes, plates, bowls etc. in a safe and timely manner to ensure that the kitchen as the required supplies to meet customer needs
- Remove any waste or garbage from the kitchen area into the appropriate containers
- Conduct regular temperature checks
- Complete a full clean down of the kitchen area at the end of the day.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you will be required to complete tasks in addition to the above to ensure a smooth and successful kitchen operation.
The ideal candidate will have previous or similar experience, however, this is not essential as full training will be provided. These roles currently available could be full or part-time.
This is a great entry-level position for someone looking to begin their career within a kitchen setting!
Benefits & Perks:
- Staff meal on every shift
- Staff discounts at Basalt
- GolfBC Discounts
- Development and training opportunities within the restaurant
- Discounts at the Crystal Lodge hotel, and the Beacon Pub & Eatery
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
Please note, only those eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Unfortunately all of our staff housing units are full at this time, so we cannot support with staff accommodation.
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Expected start date: 2021-12-05
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)