Registered Nurse – Permanent Part-Time, Evenings/Nights – Menno Home
This is the perfect position for an RN who 1. Loves and values seniors; 2. Wants to work in an environment that
promotes person centered care; 3. Is seeking work/life balance
Menno Home is accepting applications for a Registered Nurse – Permanent Part-time. Menno Place is one of BC’s
largest campuses-of-care providing residential care, assisted living, home support and independent living to 700
residents in 6 buildings on 11 acres. Founded in 1953 by the Mennonite Benevolent Society, we have been
privileged to serve the physical, emotional, spiritual and relational needs of thousands of residents and their
The Registered Nurse is an integral member of the Menno Place team and is required to have a commitment to
the vision, mission and values of Menno Place performing duties following Menno Place policies and procedures
and ensuring safety for residents and staff.
This position requires teamwork, communication and cooperation. It is the expectation that the individual in this
position contributes to a positive, safe working environment, takes instruction well and cooperates with their
supervisor and co-workers. This person manages their time well and participates in continuous quality
improvement of services provided. In keeping with Menno Place’s Mission, Vision and Value statement, the RN is
under the direction of the Manager of Care.
Duties and Functions:
1. Assessing needs, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care with accompanying documentation of
an individual resident or group of residents,
2. Observes symptoms and conditions of residents, modifying care as needs change, and initiating immediate
treatment if required. Implements physician’s orders.
3. Coordinates admission, discharge, and transfer of residents as required.
4. Assumes facility wide clinical and operational responsibilities when designated in charge.
5. Acts as a clinical resource to nursing staff, students and other members of the interdisciplinary team by
mentoring, demonstrating procedures, answering questions related to clinical practice issues, and problem
6. Assumes responsibility for required coordination in the event of an emergency situation as outlined in the
Menno Home Fire and Disaster Plan.
7. Facilitates resolutions to resident/family/staff conflicts.
8. Assists with the collection of information to support Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives.
9. Schedules, including staff replacement function, and coordinates the use of staff, equipment, and other
10. Creates and maintains a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and following Health & Safety
rules, regulations and practices, such as Fire, Disaster, WHMIS and Infection Control.
11. Investigates accidents and incidents and initiates or completes the required reports.
12. Communicates policies and procedure changes to staff.
13. Supports new staff in the practice of nursing.
14. Acts as the facility resource to resolve operational and clinical questions/issues as they arise for all Nursing
Units as required.
15. Acts as Occupational First Aid Level 1 Attendant as required.
16. Participates in the performance appraisal process for nursing and care staff by providing input to the manager
on individual staff performances.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the appropriate
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
Gerontology certificate preferred.
Current Occupational First Aid Level I program.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Ability to operate related equipment.
Ability to collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Demonstrated ability to maintain supportive relationships with resident families.
Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to facilitate conflict resolutions.
Competitive Compensation and Extended Benefits package. FTE .50
Prerequisite for hire:
TB screening, influenza immunization. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply
online at www.mennoplace.ca/employment-application . Competitive compensation and benefits.
In the online application, you will be required to:
- Upload a Resume (PDF, Word doc)
- Supply two Employment History references including Contact Information of Company and Immediate
- Supply three references with contact information (2 work-related references, 1 character reference)
- Upload Record of Immunization (digital file upload – JPG or PDF)
- Upload Criminal Record Check done in past 12 months (digital file upload – JPG or PDF)
We thank all applicants however only those
short-listed candidates will be contacted.