Park Maintenance Worker - PAR003020
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK-South Central-Buffalo Pound Provincial Park
Ministry: 027 Parks Culture and Sport
Salary Range: $24.107-$30.214 Hourly
The Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport’s mission is to enhance economic growth and support quality of life by managing the provincial parks system and providing recreation, sport, heritage and cultural opportunities for residents and visitors. The Ministry is currently seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual who is a flexible team player for the position of Park Maintenance Worker for provincial park lands within Buffalo Pound Provincial Park of Saskatchewan Parks Service including any assigned recreational sites including Lovering Lake, Wood Mountain Historical Post Provincial Park and St. Victor's Provincial Park which is currently under the park's responsibility. Reporting to the Resource Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be involved in the maintenance program and managing staff.
As a Park Maintenance Worker lead, you will perform a variety of repair and general maintenance activities on buildings and grounds including the pool and bison paddock. Operate light to heavy equipment such as tractors with loaders, gravel and sewer trucks, light trucks, mowers, skid steer, snowmobile, ATV’s, chainsaw, power tools and other equipment as directed. You will perform janitorial and sanitation functions, pick up and disposal of garbage and debris. Assist with maintenance and care of park facilities and grounds including the pool and bison paddock. Previous experiences and knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and livestock/farming will be an asset. Candidate must possess a current valid Driver’s License. Candidate must be available to work on weekends and after hours. There will be travel to various recreational sites to perform maintenance as required. Supervision, scheduling and training of staff will be required.
You will have knowledge of:
You will have demonstrated ability to:
- Guide and coach a diverse group of employees, that results in a team that can meet its goals and objectives, while maintaining a healthy, productive, respectful and safe work environment that is free of discrimination;
- Perform general building and park maintenance duties (i.e. grass cutting, painting, shoveling, etc.) using proper equipment and hand tools in a safe manner;
- Operate a variety of light to medium pieces of equipment, such as light trucks, push mover, rototiller, hand tools and other equipment as required;
- Lift, carry and move supplies and equipment in a safe and secure manner, such as picnic tables , cleaning supplies and pumps while complying with OH&S Regulations and WHMIS;
- To work independently and/or as part of a team to ensure the park is clean, safe and operating at the highest standards;
- Greet and interact with park visitors in a in a polite and courteous matter while providing information;
- Verbally and in writing provide clear and concise information, direction or instructions to staff, stakeholders and the general public on Park/Ministry programs, policies or procedures;
- Identify, document and evaluate potential risks or hazards related to self and others resulting from park operations and facilities and take steps to minimize or resolve;
- Organize and prioritize multiple and changing work demands of self and others, while coping with constant interruptions, deadlines and lack of available resources; and
- Gather, organize, analyze and assess relevant information in order to evaluation, adjust, create or develop maintenance programs that are best suited to the park.
You will be:
- Courteous and respectful while interacting with park visitors and co-workers; and
- Creative and accountable in order to safely repair, operate and maintain tools and equipment.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave
- Inclusive work environments; and
- A commitment to supporting your career growth
We are committed to workplace diversity.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: B - SGEU Field 37.33 - work a total of 37.33 hours/week, averaged over 4 weeks
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Aug 23, 2022, 12:59:00 AM