We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer who lives and breathes development. In this role, you will be hands-on coding as well as think and document the best ways to implement code. At IX we hire world-class developers and engineers. We're very selective as to who we hire, but the ones that we do hire - they love it here!
What You Have:
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Positive attitude and ability to learn (new technologies, new ways to work)
- Proficiency with web development languages, schemas and frameworks, including:
- Vanilla JS / ES6 / TypeScript
- Angular 2+, or any other two 2 (React, Vue, Ember, Meteor…)
- Understanding and hands on experience with all aspects of developing end-to-end web applications and microservices. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, optimizing/refactoring and (automated) testing of:
- RESTful APIs
- Our codebase is mostly in GoLang and some in NodeJs, but we'll be happy to talk to developers who are proficient in any back-end technology and willing to learn
- Modular, extensible, reusable, maintainable, performant and testable code
- Automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Relational (MySQL or similar) and document (MongoDB or similar) DBs
- General computer science / engineering knowledge
- Algorithms, design patterns, software architecture, etc.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Familiarity with Docker, CI / CD pipelines, Kubernetes
- Ability to pick something up and run with it even if you haven't seen it before
- Agile development methodologies
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Up to your elbows in brand new cutting-edge code and some legacy (not-so-cutting edge) code as well (coding)
- Think and document the best ways to implement a piece of code (architecture)
- Find ways to make existing code, faster, more maintainable, more extensible… better (refactoring)
- Support your code and your team by unit testing and documenting your and other people's code (unit testing, documentation)
- Analyze and estimate work (planning)
- Deploy code to various environments (Test/UAT/Production)
- Participate in development and architecture work groups and task forces outside your team
- Shape and maintain documents for coding practises, environment setup, system architecture, etc.
- Identify room for improvement in our engineering and non-engineering processes
- Branching strategies
- Code deployment workflows
- Definition of done
- Hiring practices
- Participate in planning and execution of team events (there's lots of these)
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Lunch catered in daily
- Flexible hours and a relaxed dress code
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ( email@example.com ) or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).