This position is responsible for managing the overall performance of inbound and outbound freight by maximizing the use of all fleet and carrier vehicles in order to provide an on-time, cost-effective service to the customer. The incumbent is also responsible for coordinating all activities related to the flow of freight. This position needs to work closely with the site General Manager, stores, and the national inbound team.
- Co-ordinates the flow of inbound freight while staying abreast of daily priorities and weekly transportation targets.
- Able to cross function as Traffic/Admin Team Leader with understanding of inbound, outbound, yard operations and Transport dynamics (equipment, shunt).
- Liaise with Dispatch, NOC, Vendors and Carrier partners on a consistent basis to deliver optimal freight flow to the DC and ensure ample equipment supply.
- Ability to analyze data pertaining to inbound/outbound flow and make appropriate recommendations to drive efficiencies and improve store service.
- Plans and schedules DC staff to ensure proper staffing in order to receive, order fill, or ship products in a productive, timely, safe, and cost-efficient manner.
- Conducts daily start-up meetings; organizes daily assignments/workload to associate, and assigns duties accordingly. Establishes or adjusts work assignments to meet daily production schedules
- Trains Associate in the proper execution of standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Implements and ensures they are followed, and verifies the accuracy and completeness of all records/documentation activities within the work group.
- Participates in daily workplace inspections to highlight and address safety concerns. This includes walks through the workplace to ensure Associate comply with safe working practices. Investigates and reports incidents including; accidents, injuries, complaints, near misses, misconduct, infractions, and other violations of company policies and procedures. Decides upon the appropriate action to be taken in order to correct substandard acts or conditions. Follows up to ensure the action was completed and effective.
- Interpersonal skills (working with employees at all levels, ability to work well with others in a team setting, etc.).
- Ability to analyze financial data and computer data for daily reporting.
- Previous supervisory experience including the supervision of multidisciplinary employees.
- Minimum education required - College Certificate or Diploma
- Minimum years of experience required - 3 - 5 years
- Completion of relevant post-secondary courses from a Transportation & Distribution program desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
- Transportation Industry: 3 years (Preferred)