Kiewit is looking for Journeyman Scaffolders to join the G3 Grain terminal team.
Kiewit, one of North America’s largest and most respected construction organizations, prides itself in offering great mentorship in safety and quality to all trades persons. We are looking for individuals with a great attitude, aptitude to learn and develop their skill set, strong work ethic, and a safety conscious mindset! Scaffolders will work with the assembly and erection of both system and tube & clamp scaffolding while conforming to engineered plans and specifications and local building codes.
- Take the lead in planning, measuring, and building various scaffolds around the construction site using both system and tube and clamp scaffolding.
- Problem solve appropriate solutions to issues that arise during planning and building
- Reads, interprets and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches and other specifications on a variety of structures related to the construction project
- Supervise, support, and instruct scaffold apprentices and labourers
- Liaise with other trades to ensure scaffolds are appropriate for the work being performed
- Understand and comply with all Company Safety policies and procedures, such as making certain that proper safety measures and other equipment is in place while performing job duties
- Secure and put away all tools, equipment, and materials at the end of each work day
- Other duties as assigned
- Scaffolding Journeyman ticket is considered a strong asset, however work hours may be considered
- Prior rigging knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers and have the ability to work in a small team
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- The successful candidate must successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test
- Ability to work cooperatively independently and with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Day shift (possible nightshifts)
- 5/2 rotation (possible Saturdays)
- Must reside in Lower Mainland, no turnarounds
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Candidates should be able to lift weight (50lbs)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.50 /hour
- Scaffolding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scaffold Building: 1 year (Preferred)