GSC is not your traditional benefits provider. We’re different, and that’s a good thing.
As Canada’s only national not-for-profit health insurance provider and benefits program administrator, we are committed to providing effective cost containment strategies, advanced technology, and exceptional customer service, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for plan members nation-wide.
As a social enterprise, we re-invest our profits to support local communities and advocate to make it easier for Canadians to live their healthiest lives. Our customers - and employees - benefit from knowing they are contributing to the “greater good” and are part of something forward-thinking that could change our health care system for the better.
We’ve also been recognized as an exceptional place to work, with an energetic culture derived from our dedication to Canadian health care. We pride ourselves on our creative solutions that lead the industry and we also recognize what matters to our people and have designed our total rewards as such. Here are three reasons why GSC is a great place to work:
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES
As we grow, so do our employees. We offer training and professional development to ensure employees excel to prepare them for career advancement within GSC. GSCers are also encouraged to continue their education - and we help them pay for it.
YOU CAN HAVE A CAREER, AND A LIFE…
We believe that we get the best from our employees when they have challenging work, a great work environment, motivated colleagues, and time away to do other things. We don’t just say it - it’s real. A work-life balance exists at GSC.
WE'VE GOT BIG HEARTS
The best thing about putting in a hard days’ work at GSC is that we’re all about supporting our mission of providing meaningful solutions to improve health and well-being. With our deep roots in social impact and community giving, we guarantee that working at GSC will give you a case of the feel-goods. We also provide company matching for both volunteering your time & your dollars.
A few other perks:
- Generous time off (including vacation, holiday shut-down between Christmas and New Years and even having your birthday off).
- Full and flexible benefits on day 1 (it is our business after all)
- Endless supply of free coffee!
- Convenient commute accessibility
Overview of Responsibilities
- Interact professionally with prospects, clients and/or advisors to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services
- Answer phones and respond to calls and/or emails within expected turnaround times
- Review and process individual health insurance applications
- Prepare correspondence, coordinate mailings and generate reports
- Provide excellent administrative and office support as required
- Provide backup for coworkers as necessary.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in keeping with company Privacy and Security policies
- Provide input and proactively participate in department initiatives and projects
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to ensure efficient operations
Competencies and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the group and/or individual insurance industry in a sales office or administrative support role
- French language skills are an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective and customer focused communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of benefits and administrative sales support, claim processes and systems, contracts and documentation
- Accountable team member and strong team player
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to take on changing responsibilities
- Ability to work well under pressure while learning new tasks quickly
- Driven, and self-motivated
- Forward thinking, customer focused, strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer savvy and advanced computer skills in MS Office products
GSC is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.