JOB APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Permanent Part-Time: 30 hrs per week; Monday -Friday
Start Date: September 3, 2019
The Supported Child Development Program is designed to support children, birth to 12 years of age, with developmental delay or disability to fully participate in inclusive regulated child care programs.
The Supported Child Development Program Support Worker will provide services that may include providing extra staffing support to a child care centre in order for children with extra support needs to fully participate in the child care settings chosen by their families; working as a team member with child care setting staff and with all the children and families providing general support to the whole program to ensure effective inclusion of the children. The uniqueness of this program requires the Support Worker to take direction from the Supervisors of the regulated Child Care settings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a team member, support children with extra support needs to fully participate in child care.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Individual Family Service Plans for children that reflect the choices and priorities identified by their parents.
- Support capacity building with the Aboriginal community.
- Contribute to the development of inclusive communities.
- Contribute to the effective management and administration of the Supported Child Development Program.
- Establish and maintain current professional practice.
- Work as a team member to provide culturally appropriate daily experiences that support and promote the development of all children in the setting.
- Encourage and model social interactions with the child(ren)’s peers.
- Encourage, and where necessary, model setting staff’s involvement and interaction with the children.
- Early Childhood Educator and current BC License to Practice as an Early Childhood Educator (Preferred: Early Childhood Education Special Educator and current BC License to Practice as an Early Childhood Education Special Educator); or School Aged Child Care Certificate; or Education Assistant Certificate or Diploma specifically aimed at Children and Youth; Consideration will be given to those applicants with a Child and Youth Degree or Elementary Education Degree.
- 3 years prior job related experience working with children in an inclusive setting(s).
- Current Criminal Record Checks
- physician approval
- TB test results
- First Aid and CPR
- Strong oral communication, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Ability to provide a calm, healthy, responsive relationship with the child and to establish and maintain supportive, collaborative relationships with families and child care setting staff.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain a positive, professional, non-judgmental attitude. Must be physically fit, willing and able to meet all physical demands of the job.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.45 /hour
- Support Care: 3 years (Preferred)
- Campbell River, BC (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education (Required)