Iristel is Canada’s largest and fastest growing carrier. We’re committed to changing the way people communicate, and improving the way they work — connecting employees, devices and applications, to support greater collaboration and better performance.
Founded in 1999, Iristel operates one of Canada's largest facilities-based voice networks extending coast to coast to coast. Iristel offers a host of communication services, such as, cloud voice and carrier services, as well as a suite of services both domestically and internationally. These include wholesale voice, data, 911, SMS and platform services that are supported by Iristel’s unified VoIP and GSM networks.
It is the majority owner of Ice Wireless, a facilities-based mobile network operator that delivers state-of-the-art 3G/4G/LTE-A technology to rural and remote areas in Canada’s North.
Iristel's success is based on its vision, experience and expertise. The company has evolved from a small start-up to an international telecommunications service provider and today is an industry leader setting the course for tomorrow's new and exciting wireless IP services.
Iristel is looking for a bilingual, motivated and experienced Project Manager for IT and Telecom projects. The prime responsibility of this position will be to manage all aspects of solutions delivery which align with the target architecture and business objectives. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, vendor management skills as well as an ability to understand complex technology concepts.
- Delivery of multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Providing senior technical leadership and reviewing IT solution alternatives with vendors and internal parties to meet business needs at a viable cost and ensuring IT implementation feasibility.
- Reviewing the end-to-end conceptual solution and ensuring completion of assessments based on a BRD, CR, or work request containing business requirements
- Ensure design and delivery to comply with operations requirements of domain applications/modules according to critical business SLA
- Provide technology leadership, direction and guidance to the business and IT Delivery teams.
- Ensure alignment with relevant strategic and tactical architectures.
- For domain assets, proactively evaluate sustainability, stability and currency of applications and their supporting infrastructure
- Support the development of the capital and expense outlooks during the annual capital planning cycle
- Lead Executive presentations on solution reviews across the Business and IT units
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in IT engineering, computer or software engineering or equivalent
- PMP, PRINCE2 certification or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Delivery environment mostly in a role of technical project manager, program/project manager or technical delivery prime
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues on a timely basis
- Extensive experience in the full solutions development cycle
- Ability to communicate highly complex matters and adapt to the target audience and forum.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on collaborative problem solving and solutions delivery.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, peers and junior staff, both internally and externally, with business and professional skills in Information Technology.
- Ability to use a diplomatic approach to work with high level stakeholders and introduction of changes in the business
- Ability to deal with a broad range of legacy and newer technologies
- Ability to conceptualize and think abstractly, and work and manage in a technically complex environment.
- Ability to manage risks, ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and manage sponsor expectations
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and end to end business processes.
SPECIFIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in telecommunications
- Projects management skills. Ability to prioritize, multitask, focus, lead, influence, and delegate
- Excellent team management and organizational skills
- Time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Clear verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Excel and PowerPoint skills or equivalent
At Iristel, diversity is part of our core values and beliefs. We are committed to inclusion and equal opportunities for all qualified candidates, regardless of culture, race, color, age, disability or any other personal differences. We strive to create a diverse workforce that represents both our customers and the communities we serve in, putting us in a unique position to understand and deliver on the needs of our customers and partners.