JOB TITLE: Weekend Supervisor
COMPENSATION: We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package
Pacific BioEnergy is a private company established in 1994 with corporate offices located in Vancouver, BC and operations in the heart of British Columbia’s forest region, Prince George, BC. We are a leader in wood pellet fuel in North America and are committed to meeting growing worldwide demand for this clean energy source.
The Weekend Supervisor will be expected to contribute to a team that supports a safety culture consistent with Pacific BioEnergy’s vision. The role is to supervise and coordinate production, electrical and mechanical activities while fostering a safe, positive and innovative work environment.
The Weekend Supervisor will be expected to work closely with all other departments to ensure all aspects of business strategies, development, and growth meet desired outcomes. A concentrated effort will be required to work in conjunction with the Plant Manager, Production Manager and the Maintenance Purchaser/Planner to ensure consistency in performance expectations of plant personnel, production targets and preventative maintenance activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to hourly personnel for a 7 day / 24 hours operation.
- Direct the activities of production and maintenance personnel to achieve objectives and targets in safety, production, quality, costs, and employee engagement.
- Serve as safety model; promote a high level of safety awareness and continuous improvement of safety practices.
- Allocate appropriate priority to safety work orders in the maintenance planning process.
- Actively participate in the enhancement of the safety program through new and updated safe work procedures when required.
- Coach, train and support team members to attain optimum results.
- Manage production and maintenance schedules to ensure optimum staffing levels inclusive of vacation and other employee leave scheduling.
- Manage all personnel consistent with both the contract and human resources policies.
- Ensure departmental training requirements and needs are current and are met. Ensure that individual competency is demonstrated and consistent with Pacific BioEnergy’s safety standards.
- Manage and maintain the DATS program for corrective action listing, investigation requirements, training tracking, observations, etc.
- Investigate and document all safety and environmental incidents in the department in coordination with the Safety/Environmental Manager.
- Responsible to act in a leadership capacity as it relates to emergency response.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve processes, machine and plant equipment to maximize efficiency.
- Manage maintenance data collection and information gathering to analyze the CMMS to determine how to improve the planned maintenance service in the future.
- Further develop and maintain the preventative maintenance procedures.
- Coordination and completion of specific operational projects assigned.
- Track and generate downtime report with specific related detail.
- Participates in all plant initiatives such as Project initiatives, Lean Manufacturing, and Problem-Solving Teams etc.
- Communicates department activities to the incoming shift supervisor to maintain activity continuation.
- Tracks utilization of all inventory related activities and communicates inventory requirements to the Maintenance Purchaser/Planner. including critical spare counts.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System for maintenance activities when required.
- Allocating maintenance resources appropriately to maximize uptime effectiveness.
- Work with the Maintenance Purchaser/Planner and Production Manager to assist in the coordinate bi-weekly maintenance shutdown plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to meet safety, efficiency, and production targets.
- Provide coverage for operational management personnel when required.
- Participate and be available for on-call coverage when required.
- Trades background in a resource-based industry with at least 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory role managing maintenance crews involving various trades.
- Industry specific knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and computer skills with knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform operational functions safely while managing costs and deadlines.
- Strong planning, organization and administrative skills.
- Ability to inspire a team through mentorship, leadership and accountability.
If you have a desire to be part of a team that produces a superior product with highest level of quality assurance and feel that your organizational and team engagement skills can contribute to our team environment, then we would love to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)